Who Will It Take To Be Enough?

Who Will It Take To Be Enough?

Too many people are dying because of an American love affair with firearms, but enough is enough.

89
Who Will It Take To Be Enough?
flickr

We asked ourselves in 1999 after the Columbine shooting, is it enough?

We asked ourselves in 2012 after the Sandy Hook shooting, is it enough?

We asked ourselves in 2016 after the Pulse club shooting, is it enough?

We asked ourselves in 2017 after the Las Vegas shooting, is it enough?

And three weeks ago we asked ourselves after the Parkland shooting, when will it be enough?

Recently in the past 20 years mass shootings have sky rocketed through the roof. Many people debate of the cause: terrorism, mental health, media violence, gun control. Gun control is the "hot" subject that gets difficult when it comes to tragedies such as these.

Everyone cannot agree if there should be stricter gun laws or if stricter gun laws would inhibit the Second Amendment right. But the one sole thing everyone can agree on is that something needs to be done.

Here's the thing I want people to consider, who will be next? Your family, friends, boyfriend/girlfriend, teacher, kids, or you? Who will it take to be enough?

I understand the second amendment allows people the right to an armed weapon. But who needs a military weapon to be safe, to hunt, or to collect?Guns are not shoes. They aren't collectibles. Guns hurt and kill.

The person behind the gun may be the one who commits the action, but the access to the gun helps proceed to harm. With easy access to weapons, people who want to shoot other people can AND will.

Take the example of Aaron Stark:

There have been many others like Aaron that have been so close to committing a shooting but because of the lack of access to a gun could not succeed. Even in my own community, we've had gun threats left and right. Anyone can be capable of the unthinkable when it comes to damage.

So what can we do? What can we do to make Parkland the last time? What can we do to say enough is enough?

The new generation is rising, making a stand of what needs to be done. Marches, rallies, talking with politicians, everything possible is being put into action. After Parkland, no one wants to sit in a classroom, a club, a concert, or even in their own home worrying if they will be next.

Together as a unit, we can make a difference. No one wants to take guns away completely. Everyone has a right to a weapon, just not a military classified weapon. It also shouldn't be easier than buying lottery tickets, adult films, etc.,... especially for a 13-year-old boy.

The answer isn't arming teachers or anyone. You can't fight fire with fire, especially when you can't even afford to give teachers basic needs in a classroom: pencils, paper, Kleenex, etc., The solution is easy and not hard to understand.

There needs to be a change. It's time to stop letting people be traumatized, harmed, and killed. Let children feel safe again in school. Let students learn without jumping at every loud noise. Let people of any gender, sexuality, or ethnicity to have a fun night out. Leet civilians enjoy music again. Let's make a difference.

Take action: help out in your community, contact your politicians, march for the lives of those taken. Thoughts and prayers are nice, but they don't change anything. Do something before it's too late, and the next thing you know you or your loved ones are looking down a barrel of a gun.

Enough is enough.