Who My Vote Goes To
Politics

Who My Vote Goes To

Who will have my vote

31
Who My Vote Goes To
Christian Today

This year's presidential election is a complete joke to me as there were barely any candidates who I felt that I could relate to. After seeing the first presidential debate I began to feel as if the presidential election is an episode of Punk'd. During the candidates' bickering, I was waiting for Ashton Kutcher to pop out of backstage and present the actual presidential candidates. Sadly, that did not happen, and in my opinion it was just a battle to show how to pick in the lesser of the two evils. Hillary Clinton won the debate, no doubt, but really it was Donald Trump's fault as he kept showing how uninformed and unprepared he was with certain topics. When discussing on the Black community, he made it seem as if all Blacks lived in the inner city and like it is this big war zone. After that, he went downhill especially when he stated on how the controversial stop and frisk policy greatly reduced crime rates. Rudy Giuliani he was the reason why crime in New York City reduced, when really it was David Dinkins' plan and vision which reduced crime. Donald Trump continued to use the same rhetoric concerning the wall between the country and Mexico. However, Hillary Clinton was not innocent that night either. I remember her claiming that she was glad about the ending of federal private prisons. If I am not mistaken, she actual benefited from private prisons. How can she be happy with the end of one of her biggest sources of income? While Clinton is not a good choice for presidency, and her actions from the past leave a lot to be desired, she has my vote. I do not want Hillary to become president, but I have no other alternatives. The third-party candidates have no chance of winning, and it divides the votes between Clinton and Trump. My decision to vote for Clinton is equivalent to how Ariel, from The Little Mermaid, signed the contract with Ursula. I am not proud of my decision, but anything it takes to prevent Donald Trump from taking a seat in the Oval Office will do.