What is Life?

What is Life?

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life." John 14:6

What is Life?
Maali Padro

My grandpa asked me the other day, "What is life?" I honestly didn't know how to respond to that. So I responded with the typical Sunday school answer, "Jesus!" I would like to think that at the age of 19 I can come up with a more "grown up" answer, but growing up is hard and answering grown up answers is equally as hard. The thing is though that life is not complicated and the question "What is life?" Is not complicated either. We make it complicated.

Life doesn't have a deadline and death is not permanent because it was defeated the day Jesus Christ rose from the dead. Death is just a stage in life here on earth, but life continues on long after death. My question to you is, "Where do you want to spend the rest of your life?" Living in Heaving or burning in Hell? Because those are the only two options we have, whether we believe it or not. The reality is we all live forever and where we spend our eternity is determined by one decision.

To believe or not to believe, that is the question.

So, what are you doing with your life? Are you making the most out of it? Are you chasing your dreams? Are you happy? When you look at yourself in the mirror do you see someone you're proud of or do you see someone you wish you didn't know? Do you feel incomplete and empty? Are you carrying regrets that are holding you down? It's hard to be honest about these questions, because it's hard to be raw and real even with our own selves. It is easier to hide behind perfect answers because we are afraid of the judgements the world throws at us, but I think that many of us are really afraid of the judgements we through at ourselves. We are our biggest enemies, and until we overcome ourselves we will constantly struggle with who we are and what we want out of life.

So my most important question to you today is, "Do you know the giver of life and have you decided to live life with Him forever?"

The first step to overcoming anything is denying it and choosing the alternative.

We have to deny ourselves like Christ denied Himself and chose to die so that we could live, so that you could live. If you deny yourself and choose Him, He will make you the best version of yourself. His love will bring clarity to your life, His love will make you free from all the lies you have started to believe, His love will make you happy, His love will show you who you really are, and, most importantly, His love will carry on with you forever. Life isn't easy, but Jesus makes it easier and He makes it worth it. So my last question to you is, "Will you choose His love over yourself? Or better said, "Will you choose Him over yourself?" He already chose you. You've got nothing to lose and everything, life, to gain. Choose Him, choose life because the alternative is an eternal death. He loved you too much to just let you suffer forever so He took your place that day on the cross. Make His sacrifice worth it because to Him you were worth it. You are worth it.

So, the real question is not "What is life?" but "Who is Life?" and the answer will always and forever be Jesus Christ the giver of Life.

Heartfull Whispers