Who Is God?

Who Is God?

Who is God to You?
9

Growing up in catholic school as a non-Catholic I didn't always think "who is God?" I just always thought of god as an almighty power that put us in his world. I feared him. I hid from him, just like Adam and Eve.

For the longest time, I didn't know where God was. I felt as though he just watched me suffer. Like a cheerleader on the sideline when the team was losing. Nothing made sense to me and I felt so alone. I stopped talking to him for awhile.

Then one day he made an appearance. He didn't flash light in front of me. He didn't look me in the eye and shake me until I realized it was him. He came to me through the hearts of those around me. He gave me the words I needed to find a new game plan. He talked to me through my best friends and closest relatives.

He was talking to me all along, and I had finally taken my ear muffs off. God is my best friend. God is my Father. God is my brother. God has a different relationship with me because he can't meet with me personally. He uses messengers to communicate with me. I talk to him every night and he sends me his reply through his children.

God has a funny way of showing up in our lives. God loves us very much, but he cannot tell us how to live our lives. He asks us to make our own decisions and choices. God gives us the chance to be who we want. He will always love us and accept us as His children.

I struggled to find God. I felt so alone for so long. He wanted me, but He knew I needed to figure things out on my own. He gave me signs I did not always take, but I'm opening my eyes and seeing Him in my life. He is the sun on my face, the wind in my hair, and the love in my heart.

Who is God to you?