To The Girl Who Has Always Felt Like The Disposable Friend

I’ve always had friends, but I’ve never felt like I’ve belonged.

756

I have been alive for nineteen years. Throughout that time I have had many friends, two or three best friends, and a whole lot of memories.

I can remember always having my best friend and then a friend group that I would hang out with.

I have always been the friend who was on the bottom of the totem pole. If people went places I was always the last to be asked. If I asked people to go somewhere we usually didn't go.

This is how I felt anyway, maybe you feel that way too. There are a few things I want you to know if you feel like a disposable friend.

First, you aren't disposable. No matter what you or your friends think, you are definitely someone worth knowing. It took me until college to find my people, but one day you will too, and you won't feel how you are feeling right now.

Second, there is always someone. For me, it was my best friend. She taught me that if people treat you like your disposable, it's time to dispose of them.

This is the best advice I've ever gotten, and since then I have begun to take a look at my friends and see who is really a good friend.

Lastly, you are worthy of great relationships, everyone is. Don't ever let anyone make you think you deserve anything less.

The way I began to make great friends was by realizing that I deserved good relationships. I deserve people who would make me feel like I wasn't disposable. Once I realized this, my self-confidence flourished and I began to live my life the way I wanted.

Don't put up with toxic relationships, surround yourself with people who will love you for you. You are not disposable, you are worthy and you deserve love.