Keep Living Towards Your Dreams

Keep Living Towards Your Dreams

Are you living the life you see yourself lving?

3
Keep Living Towards Your Dreams

All your life you're told to follow your dreams. But I've been questioning this little saying ever since I got to college. How are we supposed to follow our dreams when we have to do all these "requirements" before we start the "dreaming" part. So I've started working my way up to my dreams with these requirements.

Even if you decide not to go to college or finish high school or whatnot, you're still required to get a job and start a path towards you're future career. If you do go to school, you need to do these "General Education Requirements" even if it has absolutely nothing to do with your dream job or what you want to do in life. I was upset about the fact that I wasn't eligible for a couple of classes until I took the "GenEds". So I decided to make the best of the situations. Even if it was constantly telling myself "It's only one semester and you'll never have to do this again" or working with the situation and asking how it could help me in the future.

I am personally not a very big fan of computer sciences and other STEM classes. If anything they infuriate me. Unfortunately, I had to take three of those classes in the first semester of my Freshman year. I continuously asked myself, "When am I ever going to use this?", the same thing I asked myself when I was in middle school learning the Pythagorean Theorem. But then I realized something that changed my life. I knew I could use this to my advantage, even if it was in a very selfish and useless way. I could write it in my resume that I had experience in the world of STEM through school and it wasn't something that was completely foreign to me.

Now that might be a silly example, but I know many people feel the same way about a bunch of things. So make the best of it. Humor yourself a bit and imagine the most bizarre way that it can help you with your dreams. Unfortunately, schooling will not always push you towards the path you want to go to, and in times like this, it might feel like your dream isn't even there anymore, but if you continuously remind yourself about what you're truly looking for, you can let anything help you.

There's no need to stop dreaming just because somethings in your way.