Middle Aged White People Hate Beyoncé​ And These Are The 15 Reasons Why

But she continues to twirl on her haters.
2045

So, recently Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter, boss-bitch extraordinaire, has been in and out of the news for a variety of things. Earlier this month she announced she would be snatching whats left of our edges with part two of her On The Run Tour, and last week we found out that a mystery actress (probably Sanaa Lathan) bit her on the face.

Now, every time the Queen Bey in is in the news cycle, for anything big or small, humans tend to lose their minds or "get their life." Something I've noticed is that there's always a group of hating ass middle 'mericans waiting on the sidelines to comment something racist, sexist or just simply ridiculous about Mrs. Carter.

After clicking on a few stories, the comments, many of which were less than Godly, got me to the realization that middle-aged white people reeeeeeealy don't like Beyoncé. And I don't mean that there are people out there who just simply aren't feeling her style of music or artistry, which is fine. I mean, somehow Beyoncé has a tendency to make people BIG mad, and I'm just like, "wha'd she do?"

What has Beyoncé ever done other than live her fabulous caviar and hot sauce filled life?

Well, after scanning the comment sections on various articles, I have found the top reasons middle aged white people aren't feeling the Queen Bey.

1. She's a feminist and they hate women.

Honestly, I think most people have a very skewed idea of what feminism truly is. Even some women who we'd refer to as "well educated," might even say that they aren't feminists based on foolishness the term has become. It's not about "being the same," it is about equality. As Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie said, a feminist is a person who believes in the in the social, political and economic equality of the sexes, and that's it.

Feminism isn't about "taking over,"it is about pushing the boundaries on societal "norms." Our history of gender roles comes from a time in space where women were treated as sub-human, so I can see why that would rub archaic old white men the wrong way.

There's also this idea that feminism dictates a woman's sexuality...it doesn't. Feminists can be as modest as they want or as provocative as they please. Women are the keepers of their own minds and bodies....and I think we can all agree that Beyoncé OWNS hers.

I also read somewhere that Beyoncé couldn't possibly consider herself a feminist if she sings about being submissive while having sex with her husband because that would play into "gender roles," but here is the thing....nah bruh. What people do consensually in the bedroom with their own spouses has nothing to do with their place in the world.

She also named one of her tours, "The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour," and apparently you can't love being a wifey and be pro-female equality at the same time.

2. She has a vagina.

Like I said before, a good portion of white people hate women. How dare she be talented, make a lot of money, and inspire people...all whilst having a vagina? The audacity she has to be the biggest artist in the world and take that spot away from a white man!

It's really not that she's done anything "bad." They've just decided that she has way more than a woman should, and she should "know her place."

3. Sex is bad, even though they like it (also, THE KIDS!)

Her "image" is sexy and provocative and as a 34-year-old woman who is married with three kids, she should have kept her music "bubblegum pop," and in no way have it pertain to womanhood or her real life.

The fear that young girls might decide to walk into school in a gold sequinned leotard is apparently cause for concern. If only there was a real role model to look up to... a woman who worked hard at a craft, made a name for herself at a young age, has managed to stay out of trouble amid being surrounded by temptation, runs a successful business and uses her resources for good around the globe. Where ever will we find someone like that? *sigh*

4. They don't like people who aren't "cookie cutter."

She doesn't just stand there and sing, like she's supposed to. She's over-the-top. She shakes her ass. She's an uppity..ni...nevermind.

5. Blue Ivy Carter™.

Beyoncé and Jay-Z filed paperwork back in 2012 to trademark the name of their then only child, Blue Ivy. At the time, they were considering a line of baby products. What was she thinking? Apparently, this means the Queen Bey is out of touch. What kind of parent would want to protect the name of their uber famous child while attaching it to a potential multi-billion dollar company?

They just can't wrap their heads around why a rich and famous wouldn't want other people cashing in on their daughter's name. Veronica Morales, for example, the woman who's been blocking the trademark while simultaneously trying to tell her event planning company, "Blue Ivy" to the Carters for $10 million....

6. The media loves her.

Probably the biggest claim people admit to as the reason they aren't feeling Beyoncé isn't that her music isn't catchy or because her vocals are questionable, it's because she is constantly featured in media or "overrated," as they like to say.

But let's be fair, Yoncé lives a pretty private life. It is only through a handful of personal pictures, video snippets, song lyrics (and Tiffany Haddish) that we know anything about her and all of these are on her own terms...(again, aside from the Tiffany Haddish word vomiting thing.) She isn't stumbling out of clubs, killing people while driving while under the influence or getting into Twitter arguments...as the hater would like. As it would make it easier to hate her. In fact, she goes months without posting on social media, hardly does interviews and aside from the occasional Target sighting, stays pretty lowkey. To think of it, she doesn't even promote her own projects anymore. She just releases them...from the comfort of her own poolside cabana.

7. Black women aren't allowed to be pretty.

... or successful. And Beyoncé just happens to be pretty gorgeous. Dammit!

8. She draws controversy, but she's not controversial.

Beyoncé tends to keep pretty mum about what's going on in the world, but every once in a while, Sasha Fierce gives us some insight as to what she really thinks. Notably, her she stood up against police brutality with her single Formation from her Lemonade album, and showed up to the Superbowl to perform it dressed as a Black Panther. While I personally see nothing wrong with wanting Black and white people to be treated the same in the criminal justice system, we all know there is a pretty large gathering of white people who think equality is divisive ...

9. She appropriated, but not really.

Hymns For The Weekend is a song by Beyoncé and Coldplay. The music video acquired various elements of Indian culture, including, henna, dress and meditation. The visuals had swarms of white people accusing the two of culturally appropriating Indian culture. No doubt the same group of white people who have been appropriating Black culture for decades.

But there's a problem. Appropriation occurs when a dominant group takes elements of a culture they are suppressing while demonizing the original groups use of that culture. Black people have never colonized or suppressed Indian people. So whereas Beyoncé's use of Indian art could be called, "tacky," or at a stretch "exploitative," it certainly wasn't "appropriation."

...but It's cool if we keep saying it was.

10. She likes Black people.

...and a good majority of them don't. Amandla Steinberg once asked, “What would America be like if we loved black people as much as we love black culture?” One of the most important questions anyone could ask. Beyoncé has offered her support to causes that support the Black community. And to anyone who doesn't care about Black lives, her association with the mothers of slain Black teens, The Trayvon Martin Foundation, as well as other activists are bad.

11. OTRII.

White feminists and anti-feminists often question her notion that she is a feminist because she decided to stay with her husband after he cheated. How could she be with a cheater? Well, probably because she didn't want to throw away a decade + long relationship with a man she has a child with over something she could find the strength to forgive and work through...like millions of other married people...feminist or not.

12. Blond hair.

Again, the appropriation thing. Apparently some white people still think blond hair is a characteristic of only Europeans. (It isn't.) And then there's the idea that she is "trying to be white." She isn't Rachel Dolezal. Blond hair just looks bomb af on brown skin.

Also, they aren't wigs. She wears both her real hair and weaves. Just to clear that up.

13. She ignores them.

She just does her own thing and twirls on her haters.

14. The Bey-Hive.

The Bey-Hive, who at times can arguably be "team too much" often gives the Queen Bee a bad rap. I'm sure she loves them regardless, after all, they do keep her bills paid. But their actions as individual people who actually don't personally know B, sometimes rub them the wrong way.

15. Songwriters.

She's the only one keeping them in business, apparently.

The most alluring thing a woman can have is confidence - Beyonce