Where To Post What

Where To Post What

Each Social Media Has A Type Of Post That Belongs There

12
Where To Post What
Blog.FrontRunnerPro.com

Every type of social media has a purpose and type of post that belongs on each platform. There are certain things you can post on Tumblr that you should never be posted on FaceBook. A lot of the time your audience or 'friends' play into what kind of material you should post, but there are also other factors. A great deal of this is my opinion, but I like to think of it as gospel.

FaceBook

This is a place to connect with family, friends and even great for career networking. Facebook is not Linked In, so don't take the career tid bit too seriously, but it's still something to keep in mind. Personal posts are encouraged, but I don't need to read about every single thought you've had today or what you got grocery shopping. This is a place dominated by pictures, videos (often baby animal related), and articles. Life events that are bigger than cleaning your room belong here as well. "Just got engaged to the love of my life," way more appealing than "Finally did my laundry." or "Can't sleep." Grandma can be your friend on here, even though she struggles to make her profile picture anything other than her cat. Too frequent Facebook posts are obnoxious, if you're going to post more than five things a day, Twitter is more your jam. Always keep in mind who will be reading your content, so I would keep the depressed posts and swearing to a bare minimum, unless that's the vibe you want to give your Aunt Lucy in Minnesota.

Twitter

This is where you can be extremely funny, often crude, and interact with celebrities with 140 characters or less. You can post way more frequently on this platform, life updates such as a digital 'play by play' of your day is more accepted and often encouraged in this medium. Grandma doesn't know what twitter is, so no worry about censoring yourself for her sake, but I would be careful again for career connections and networking in the future. You can even watch Cher tweet at herself sometimes.

Instagram

Welcome to Instagram, the oasis for people to feel self recognition about their appearance by how many likes they have on their selfie. Instagram is the place to post pictures of what you're doing, where you are, what your face looks like, and what you're eating. And often people are cramming fourteen thousand hashtags in the space below the photo. I love Instagram, because it's a space to visually share your life without many words. "A picture is worth a thousand words" Ever hear of that quote? Stop posting pictures of text from the note app on your phone, or clogging up my feed with fourteen hundred hashtags like "#cute #nofilter #outside #beautiful." What you hashtag on your own photo is quite telling of how you view yourself. Keep Instagram clean of extraneous hashtags or text posts.

Tumblr

Some of you might not even know what Tumblr is, talking to you Mom. I like to joke that it's the underground social network, so underground that my high school didn't even have it on their internet block list when I first discovered it sophomore year. Tumblr is a blogging site that allows you to post any kind of content and track it with hashtags. This is absolutely the place to post sad, deep, more personal feelings because we often do not know the people personally we follow. Most often blogs have themes, like food blogs, or even Harry Potter.

There aren't really any specific rules on what you should post on certain types of social media, but I like to think that my opinions above are not unique.

What do you think is appropriate to post on different websites?

Comment below