Where To Get Your Coffee Based On Your Day

Where you get that caffeine kick really sets your ~mood~

39

Nonfat, halfcaf, decaf, light and sweet, macchiato, latte, iced; no matter how you take it, every college kid has that ~perfect~ coffee. You know what I'm talking about, the one that you just HAVE to have while your writing that paper, or maybe it's the one that you ALWAYS drink on your way to your ~dreaded~ early morning class (shoutout to 8a.m.s!). There is definitely a hierarchy of where you should get your coffee from depending on what type of mood your'e in:

Stressed for Midterms

We've all been there. The awful week that always falls when you don't want it to: midterm szn! This is the week where the library is packed from when it opens in the morning until way late at night (it's the best when there are no seats anywhere!). This is the time to cram in all the caffeine you can, chug down that coffee, and hope the caffeine doesn't make you crash in the middle of your exam. The best place for that coffee kick during midterm szn is definitely Peet's. You're already going to be spending your time in the library, why inconvenience yourself by having to leave and come back to get coffee when you can just run downstairs and grab a cup? (*Bonus: you won't lose that ~coveted~ seat in the reading room or the stacks).

Essays and Papers

1 page, 5 pages, 10 pages, 20+ pages. It doesn't matter how long the paper or essay is, you will DEFINITELY need coffee to get through writing these (especially if you're pulling an all nighter because you left it until the last minute). If you're writing the paper during the day, Starbucks is the way to go (especially if it's nice out and you can sit outside!). They by far have the most options of what you can drink. If it's late night and you're still grinding away on that paper, then Kaldi's at the Depot is the move for sure. With lots of yummy snack options from their late night menu to go with your coffee, writing that paper is sure to fly by. Plus, there are just such good vibes for writing a paper in a coffee shop (Kaldi's is the closest thing we have to getting vibes like "Central Perk").

Walking to Class**

If it's a Tuesday or a Wednesday and you're lucky enough to have class at just the right time, definitely grab Blue Donkey Coffee. It's so much better than just regular iced coffee, there are so many options, plus you just look ~so college~ walking around the Emory campus with the cup in your hand.

**If it's not Tuesday or Wednesday, then just grab a cup from Kaldi's at the DUC. You look almost as ~college~ as with Blue Donkey.

Morning After a Night Out

Highland Bakery or HB Coffee Lab. Hands down, the only place to get coffee the morning after a night out. Its refreshing and more than likely you will pass one of them on your way to that Friday class or going to do work. Plus, you can always grab something yummy to eat while you sip your morning caffeine.

Whatever your mood, there definitely are different types of places you should go to grab your caffeine.