7 Of The Best Places To Cry On UNC's Campus

7 Of The Best Places To Go On UNC's Campus If You Just Really Need To Cry Right Now

Updated to account for ongoing construction, of course.

1344
Alexis Byrd

Spring break is over, and summer approaches. Summer....and finals.

To maximize the catharsis of every crying episode leading up to finals season, try these iconic campus locations. There's nothing quite like weeping in public to help you overcome stress!

1. Your professor's office

It's time to confront the source. If your homework/exams are stressing you out to this point, the professor deserves to suffer, too. Make the rest of the semester awkward—there's not much of it left anyway.

2. The Pit

The Pit floods every time it rains (or sprinkles, even) anyway, so your tears won't make much of a difference. Maybe you'll be lucky enough to be serenaded by a pit preacher while you weep.

3. Top of Lenoir

The pros are clear: no one will notice you bawling because it's so busy, you can drown your sorrows in Cocoa Puffs, and the CDS workers are nice enough to cheer you up.

Cons? Can't think of any.

4. That weird long room thing on the second floor of Davis

If you're a loud crier, you'll fit right in with all the other people there who don't know how to shut up. :)

5. In class, wherever that may be

Seminar? Cry. Lecture hall? Cry. Studio? Cry. Lab? Weep.

Maybe your breakdown will reassure other students that they're not the only ones struggling this semester.

6. The Old Well

I mean, we have to refill it somehow, right? This university has survived on the tears of stressed-out students for centuries.

Also, if you've been crying for a while you might be dehydrated. Drink some Old Well water—maybe a 4.0 is still possible even if it's not FDOC.

7. On the treadmill right in front of the windows at Rams Head Gym.

I mean, it's like you have your own stage up there. Let it all out while you get that cardio in; college is all about learning to multi-task effectively.

If none of these locations does it for you, I also found this alternative list of places to cry on campus if you're just having an all-around personal crisis.

Good luck on end-of-the-semester assignments and final exams, fellow Tar Heels. We're all crying together!