Where I Base My Worth

Where I Base My Worth

Your mind will always believe everything you tell it. Feed it faith. Feed it truth. Feed it with love.

59
Where I Base My Worth

“Your mind will always believe everything you tell it. Feed it faith. Feed it truth. Feed it with love.”

“Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.” Galatians 1:10

Too often we are looking to find our worth in all of the wrong places. We seek approval from our friends, family, co-workers, teachers and even anonymous followers on social media. We compare our lives to unrealistic expectations placed by society and end up disappointed when our reality does not live up to these “goals." We are constantly trying to win the approval of human beings and falling short of pleasing our one true authority, the hand which modeled and made each and every one of us, God.

“For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.” Psalm 139: 13-14

God knew each of us before we were ever a thought in our parents' mind. He has designed a purpose for each of our lives that only we are capable of completing. God loved each of us so much, that He allowed His own son, Jesus Christ, to come into this world and die for us just so that we can be saved from our selfish sins and evil ways. I mean, wow! That is so much love. This is the ultimate showing of our worth to Him because we are so undeserving of that sacrifice.

This world tries to trick us into thinking that we are unloved and unworthy, but this is so far from true. You are loved and worthy. You were handpicked by God - the same God who created the entire universe, has a special purpose just for you. Our worth in society will never be permanent - money can be lost and looks will surely fade, but worth found in Christ alone will last forever. God’s love for us is eternal; nothing about Him is temporary.

“For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.” 1 Peter 1: 18-19

So when you find yourself searching for validation, look to the one who made you. Remember that God allowed His son to die just to save you. God will always be faithful to you no matter the circumstances. You can never be too lost to be saved or too far gone that God could not love you. When you begin to base your worth in the right places, amazing things can and will happen.

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” 2 Corinthians 5: 17