When You Like To Wear Makeup For Yourself

"Who are you trying to impress?"
31

"...it is unattractive to me when girls wear too much makeup"

"Who are you trying to impress?"

As a young girl, I was never really interested in makeup. I wanted to explore and learn about the outside world and about music. I was never "good" at putting on makeup. The older I became, the more I wanted to just "try" to put on makeup, to see what I'd look like to enhance the features that I already have on my face and to simply bring it out more. With years and practice, I have enjoyed the art and power of makeup. Do I have imperfections that I might "cover up" now and then so that others cannot see? Yes. The biggest reason why I wear makeup is to appear my age, since I tend to look a bit younger for my age. I'm 22 years old and I still have people asking me if I have started looking at colleges [keep in mind I am going to be a "super senior" in college in the fall]. By using a little makeup, I can make myself look a few years older than I otherwise would.

Whenever I wear more makeup than usual, people will ask me "Who are you trying to impress? What boy is it?" Most of the time, I am wearing makeup for the fun and art because honestly, does it really matter to whoever I am trying to impress that I'm using my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette?

Putting on makeup is my choice. There are some days where I do not even want a single drop of makeup on my face. Most days, I at least want to appear the best that I know I can for others. It is not me being "fake". I have been in public multiple times without makeup and people do not notice because whenever I do wear makeup, I like to enhance my natural features, not put on another face. I have had a few comments lately about me wearing makeup and how unattractive it is when girls wear too much makeup, hinting towards me.

Why do people care about how much makeup I use? Why is it that whenever I wear makeup, it seems as though it's World War 3? As I have discussed with a few friends of mine, makeup is a choice. If you do not wear makeup, that is fantastic. If you do wear makeup, that is also just as wonderful. At the end of the day, why does it matter that I want to use something that makes me happy sometimes?