When You Lack All Motivation

When You Lack All Motivation

Just do the minimum.

25
When You Lack All Motivation
Google Images, Labeled for Reuse

Sometimes when I feel overwhelmed I think of all the things I wish I could write about: my amazing boyfriend who I met at 15 and plan to spend the rest of my life with, my mother who is truly my best friend and lets me call her every hour on the hour just to bug her, my dad who teaches me to stay humorous and yet hardworking, aliens, how getting a B doesn't end my life, my friends, traveling, my dog, cooking recipes, DIY Tie Dye, etc. But sometimes I don't even have the strength or drive to get through the 300 words I need to post on the Odyssey. Sometimes it feels like writing is the last thing I want to do, then there are days like today. Days where I know if I could just reach my word limit I would feel accomplished, motivated, yet it's so hard to get there. 152. I forgot how lost you can get in your words, I forget how much a word can mean to someone else, and most importantly I forget how good it feels to post an article for the world to see with my name on it. So, I just wanted to say to anyone who feels unmotivated to do the things they love, just get up and do the minimum. Do ten minutes and get lost in yourself, remember how good it feels to shoot a basketball into that hoop, or how good it feels to finish knitting a baby blanket, how good it feels to cook that delicious spaghetti, you get the point. Do something you love today because you never know when those things you love could end. Lacking motivation does not stop you from doing it, it just makes you feel more accomplished when you do. 309 words.