10 Things That Happen When You Actually Love Your Roommates

Your wardrobe quadruples and you never run out of K-Cups.
225

Before college, everyone will tell you that you'll hate your roommates by the end of your freshman year. Maybe that's true and maybe it isn't, but one thing is for sure: eventually, you'll have roommates who become your best friends - even if they're not the ones you start out with. Here's what happens when you finally do.

1. You text them first about EVERYTHING

Whether it's a new job, a funny story or your crazy family just got a little crazier, they will ALWAYS be the first to know.

2. Since you're all so cool, your room becomes the go-to hangout spot for all of your friends

It can get a little hectic at times, but it's all worth it when you realize that you've made a home away from home for more than just the residents of your dorm. Plus, you get to host the Christmas party!

3. When the room gets a little wild, none of you have an issue telling people to go home

One of you has homework, one of you is tired, one of you wants to call mom, and one of you just needs some alone time. And no one gets upset when you tell them to leave!

4. When a natural disaster is headed your way, you evacuate campus together

There's only one car in the dorm, so you take that one, but where do you go? Could you go to your roommate's grandparents' house in Georgia? Or your great aunt's house in the upstate? Or your crash with your boyfriend's friends in Tennessee? The possibilities are endless!

5. Your wardrobe quadruples and you never run out of K-Cups or tea bags

"Hey, that shirt looks really nice on you! I think I have one similar." "Oh, I forgot to tell you. This is yours." "Yikes, it looks better on you."

6. The day after you go home for Thanksgiving, you wake up to a text in the roomie group chat that says "Good morning! I love and miss you :("

You miss them so much too, it almost makes you wish you could be back at college. (Almost!)

7. At least one decides she wants to join your sorority

Your sorority is one of the best things that's ever happened to you, and your roommates can definitely see that. It's no surprise when you convince them to rush in the spring so that they can be not only your best friends but your sisters too!

8. They have an open invitation to all of your family functions

Your parents begin to expect at least one of them to come with you to everything, and you get heavily questioned if you show up alone.

9. You get invited home with them for Christmas

"Hey, want to crash at my house for a few nights? I want to show you around my town."

10. At the end of the day, no matter how annoyed you are with college life, going home to them is awesome

They respect you, they care about you, and they make your little dorm feel like a home away from home. They're your support system, and you don't know what you'd do without them.