When I Say I Love You More

When I Say I Love You More

"I'm not trying to start World War III"

22948
When I Say I Love You More

When I say I love you more, I'm not trying to start world war III. I'm not trying to out-do you. I'm not trying to belittle you. I honestly, truly, just love you more; not more than you love me, just more than all of these little things.

I love you more than I love myself. I love you more than all of the petty fights that we may have. I love you more than my hobbies or my dreams, and I'm so thankful that you support all of my crazy ambitions. I love you more than anything we may ever face. Wars, arguments, disease, death, life; Nothing will stop me from loving you. I love you more than I love to eat or sleep or breathe.

When I say I love you more, I'm admitting that I won't always be perfect. I'm admitting that sometimes, actually a lot of the time, I'm going to let you down.

When I say I love you more, I'm telling you that I'm not taking our decision to be in a relationship lightly. I'm telling you I want to be with you forever. I promise, I do.

When I say I love you more, I'm saying I'm thankful. I'm thankful that you are my rock. I'm thankful that you keep me steady and grounded. I'm thankful that you make me feel loved and appreciated. I'm thankful for your family. I'm thankful that you are a "yes ma'am" man. I'm thankful that you are not just a Sunday morning godly man but an all days, always Godly man. I'm thankful that you lead me like Christ leads the Church. I'm thankful that you always push me to do better, to be better. I'm thankful you are mine, always.

When I say I love you more, I'm giving over my vulnerabilities. I'm throwing every doubt, every fear and trusting you to treat me well. When I say I love you more, I want you to know I'm forgetting all past relationships because you are different. You are kind. You are honest. You are compassionate. You, despite all odds, actually believe that I am beautiful and believe in making sure that I know it. You, my sweet love, are worth waiting for.

When I say I love you more, I'm letting you know that I'm excited. I'm excited about our forever future. I'm excited to date you and marry you and be yours for life. I'm excited to wake up to your groggy voice. I'm excited to do life with you. I'm excited for the really good times and even the not-so-great times.

When I say I love you more I'm promising that although I don't have it all together, I will always try. I'm promising to cook when you ask me to, even if it ends up tasting awful (and then I promise to order pizza). I'm promising to always choose you. I'm promising to be loyal and faithful and pure. I'm promising to be yours, forever.

So no, I'm not trying to start world war III. I'm not trying to fight for your attention. I'm not trying to play-fight. I'm just trying to let you know how much you mean to me. Every hug, every kiss, every late night phone call means so much more than you will ever know. I will always love you more.