10 Thoughts People Have While Looking Through Old Yearbooks

Writer shares what goes through her head

620

For some people, high school was one of the greatest times in their life. For other people, (people like me), they are just glad that they made it out of high school in one piece. No matter what your high school experience was like, there is a chance that you have changed since those years. Although I am happy with where my life is going right now, I always have fun looking through old pictures, scrapbooks, and yearbooks. While I was looking through my high school yearbooks this summer with my brother, we both noticed that I become very vocal and make interesting commentary when I look at them. Some of the things I noticed I realized were things that many people think when they look at their past. This experience inspired this list because no matter where life took you after graduation, it’s always good to look back and reflect.

1. “I sure have changed…”

If you can’t tell, I went through some phases. Some of those phases were better than others, but each of those pictures reminded me of what was going on in my life. Most people are embarrassed of how they looked or acted like in high school, but that is okay. It just reminds you of how far you have come and how much you have grown.

2. “What in the seven hells was I thinking?”

I think that it is very obvious which photo represented my awkward phase. Let’s be honest: Everyone has at least one awkward yearbook picture. It’s a part of life. Plus, if I am upset, all I have to do is look at sophomore me to feel better. Oh, adorably awkward, pretty in pink Alyssa…

3. “Who are these people?!”

I think that I might remember eight people from my graduating class. Once I graduated, got my diploma, flipped my tassel, and ran off to college, I never looked back. Out of those six-hundred some people, I am on good terms with one. That’s it. I would be lying if I said that I felt bad.

4. “Wow! I suddenly became popular in senior year!”

Some are a mood booster, some make you feel weird. You also find a million phone numbers. The strangest phone number I got was from my best friend. We’ve known each other for years. I’ve had her number for years. Just in case I guess.

5. “Speaking of weird signatures…”

I do not even know who this person is. Apparently I’m like a sister to her…

6. “Aww… At least she remembered.”

Maybe somebody didn’t sign this late, but it’s always the thought that counts. The fact that she wanted to sign it after two years makes me smile.

7. “Look at mom taking up the whole page and gluing in her own pictures! There’s no rules here!”

If you know anybody that is like my mother, then there is a chance that their signature took up an entire page and a half. They may also have added their own pictures. There is also the possibility that you smile and tear up a little when you read it.

8. “I guess there is a difference between non-photoshopped and photoshopped group pictures.”

The guys in the back row look like they could sit on the front row’s shoulders. I know that we have the technology, but it looks so fake!

9. “These group pictures get funnier and funnier the more I look at them.”

I don’t talk with any of these people…

Or these people…

Or these people… But this picture looks pretty professional. We even had our own lightsaber.

There’s a chance that none of these individuals even remember me. But what a perfect jump shot (with the exception of that person on the far right. He looks a little grumpy.)

My favorite…

If you did extracurricular activities, you might have some group pictures to show for it. It’s always a good time to look at them and try to figure out what ever one is thinking.

10. “I wish I was in one of those random yearbook shots…”

Not. Even. One.

Wait! What’s that?

Closer…

Right…

There! I actually made it! Oh happy day!

One of my greatest high school achievements. When you look through your old pictures, you discover these little accomplishments.