when is it ok to drink and drive

6 Times It's OK to Get behind the wheel when you've been drinking

Hint: Never

183

With so many things to do and places to be, it's easy to justify getting behind the wheel after you've had a few drinks. We've all heard the stories and we all know that consequences but sometime it's easy to just forget them all. Here are 6 times it's totally OK to get behind the wheel when you've been drinking

1. When you don't feel drunk

Even if you don't feel drunk, if you've had enough to drink you probably are. It can take some time for the alcohol to truly hit you but what happens when it hits you while you're driving? Driving while drunk is never OK, even if you don't feel drunk.

2. When you're not going too far

"It's OK, I'm just going around the corner, I could drive it with my eyes closed." No matter if you're driving 2 miles or 20, it's not worth the risk to your life and the lives of others. Call an Uber or get a ride or spend the night wherever you are.

3. When the people you're with are more drunk

"Least drunk" is still drunk. Even if the people you're with are more intoxicated than you are, it's safer to call an Uber or have a sober friend pick you up than to decide to risk everyone by getting behind the wheel.

4. When you're running late

If you think you don't have time to call and wait for an Uber, you definitely don't have time to get into a car accident or to get pulled over and arrested for a DUI.

5. When you'll get in trouble with your parents/SO if you don't come home

Believe me, everyone would rather have you be a little bit late but alive rather than wake up to the news that you've been hospitalized or arrested. Call them and ask them to pick you up or get a ride a different way or let them know you'll be spending the night at whoever's place you're at. Better to have you not come home for one night than to not come home ever again.

6. Never

In case you missed the memo, it's never OK to drink and drive. Find somewhere safe to sleep it off or ask someone sober to give you a ride. Nothing is worth risking your own life and the lives of others for some stupid decision. Be smart, think twice, and never get behind the wheel if you've been drinking.