Dear Little Sister, I Love You To The Moon And Back

182

I want to start by saying, I am so very proud of you. I’m proud of the young women you are becoming. You continually surprise me little sister and with every surprise comes me smiling from ear to ear. Every time I see you passionately use your gifts, talents and abilities to glorify our Heavenly Father, I can’t help but be filled with a great sense of admiration and love for you. You’ve come such a long way from the little girl who used to sit around all day watching cartoons, while you waited for your big sister and big brother to come home from school.

You have grown and with every step forward, you have done so with grace and dignity. You have found who you are and who God wishes you to become, and your running with it! With a fire ignited and God behind you, I know you’ll achieve more and impact more people than you could ever dream of. And while you continue to pursue God’s plans for you, know this: I am so very proud of you and I will always support you. When the world gets tough, when it becomes too much, know that I am here for you. I will support you down whatever path He takes you and love you every single day.

Also, I want to say thank you. Thanks for not going to California for college and instead deciding to spend it with me in Illinois. Okay, I know that there were a lot of different factors that made you choose college in Illinois over California. But come on, some of it had to do with me right? I guess that doesn’t really matter though, because whoever (I’m crediting God for this) brought you here, I am so very grateful for the opportunity to be here with you. Honestly, I don’t know what I would have done if you were all the way over in California.

Because if you were over there, I would still be over here, missing my little sister and my constant support. That’s another thing, I want to say thank you because you have always been there. No matter what happened in life, no matter whether it was something to laugh about or cry about, you have always been there. I can’t thank you enough for that. In all honesty, sometimes you’ve been more of a support for me than I have for you, and I apologize for that.

But, I hope you know that I’m so very grateful for your support through the ups and downs over the years, and I hope that you know that I will always be hear for you as well. As we go through college together and as we both venture off into the real world, know that God will be constant when the world gets crazy and I’ll be a shoulder to cry on, a listening ear, and a loving supporter whenever you need me.

So, I guess that’s it Little Sis. I am so very proud of you, I will always be here for you and lastly, I love you more than you could ever imagine (even to the moon and back is not accurate enough). So, continue to pursue His plans for you with a passion and fire like no other and know that your big sister always has your back.