When The Person Who Ghosted You Comes Back To Haunt You, Let Them Stay Dead, Boo

Let your ghoster remain dead. You're stronger now. You don't need them anymore.

41

When the person who ghosted you, aka your "ghoster," returns, don't respond. Let them stay dead.

After months and months of wondering why that one person left you without any explanation, they will return. They always do.

At some point, whether it's because they are bored or they feel guilty, they'll reach out to you again.

At first, you won't know what to do. Does this mean they want to get back together with you? Did they come back to apologize? Maybe they really are sorry for ghosting you and they really want to make it work this time.

You're going to feel so lost and confused. You've moved on after months of crying and wondering why you weren't good enough for that person.

You've thought about this day coming for a long time. But now that it has come true, you don't know how to feel.

Someone who you considered dead in your life has now come back to life.

So now what do you do?

Do you forgive them? Do you give them another chance to apologize and try things again? Do you remain friends and just see how things go?

Let me tell you the answer…

HELL NO!

Are you really going to forget all those days you cried your eyes out over that person? Are you going to forget all the time you put into healing and repairing yourself? All the time you put into reminding yourself that you are worth it and deserve someone who treats you with respect. Are you really going to forget all that?

Don't ever forget when Cristina Yang said "He's very dreamy, but he is not the sun, you are."

Their intentions for reaching out are irrelevant. It really doesn't matter. They want forgiveness? They don't deserve it. They are bored, well screw them. You're not around and always available. You have your own life and you don't wait around for anyone.

They can't just have you when it's convenient for them. What about your feelings? Don't your feelings matter, too?

Of course they matter!

Right now, you're just distracted because you've dreamt about this day for months and always imagined this person would come back to you and it would be just like a fairytale! You would get back together and live happily ever after!

NOT!

Snap out of it!

Even if this person did come back to apologize and try to get back with you, how could you ever want to be with someone who could just leave you one day without a reason? They didn't have enough respect for you then. How could you live with yourself knowing you're with someone who had the ability to treat you that way? Why is this person so special that they get to hurt you and still get you at the end of the day?

Have you lost that much respect for yourself?

It's not worth it. They aren't worth it. You ARE worth it so don't let your ghoster come back into your life. You are so much more than that. You've been doing just fine without them.

You've already moved on. No need to backtrack now. Keep moving forward. Don't look back.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.