When I Discovered The Real You

When I Discovered The Real You

Reality sucks, but I've always been better off without you.

9
When I Discovered The Real You

When I discovered the real you...

I couldn't get myself to believe it was the truth.

I gave you so much.

Time.

Effort.

Care.

Love.

Because I thought you were my soulmate.

I do understand that I was wrong in thinking so. We were different - we just didn't really know it for a while, nor did we want to accept it when the realization came. Neither of us were perfect either. We both hurt each other at times with our stupid little mistakes, but we tried to tell each other we didn't mean it and we still love and care for each other. I know it was still damaging us and eventually it was time to go our separate ways.

Even though we both had to deal with this change in our lives, I knew I still cared about you. As I mentioned, neither of us were perfect, but I still considered the time spent with you some of the best moments of my life. I was grateful for what we were able to share with each other. I knew what was happening was for the best of the both of us and I had to accept that. I thought that I could also still have some respect for you.

But I was wrong again.

I immediately began to see a completely different person in you. What I saw was pure immaturity from you. You were already treating me in a completely different way. You did nothing but tell lies. You brought me down and degraded me. Not to mention you told the whole world about it. You made sure you left out your negative ends. You wanted everyone to think I was the bad guy. That I hurt you intentionally but did nothing about it.

I, on the other hand, was nothing but respectful to you even after we fell apart. If I took measures as extreme as you did, I know you'd be damn well upset and you'd most likely hate me. However, I chose not to because I knew there were other ways of handling this and I also couldn't hate you after what you did.

Maybe it was just the emotional stress taking you over. I don't know. But that's not even the end of it.

When you found someone else to make you happy not even a week later - someone who used to be a friend of mine - I was convinced you were never the person I thought you were. I gave so much of my time to someone so conceited, snobbish, immature, inconsiderate and careless and I didn't even know it until then.

When I discovered the real you, I was absolutely ashamed of myself. I felt like I was ripped into shreds with you laughing endlessly. All I wanted was a little bit of respect. But it's not like you give a fuck what I feel.

I've always been better off without you. Reality sucks, but it's for my well being.