What's Your Super Power?

What's Your Super Power?

Be who you want to be.

36
What's Your Super Power?
Super Friends Wiki

Aren’t ice breaker activities the best? Has anyone ever asked you the question, “If you could have any superpower, what would it be?” I know that I have been asked that for more than one ice breaker. People give a lot of different answers for a lot of different reasons. Some people say that they wish they had the power to fly so that they could see the world. Others say that they wish that they had superhuman strength to be strong and mighty. Generally, there is always that one person that says that they wish they had the power of invisibility in order to not be seen. This wish could be for a myriad of reasons. Have you ever wished to be invisible? Have you ever wished no one could see you?

I’m generally an introverted person when it comes to everyday life, mundane, going through the motions kind of stuff (well, actually I’m an ambivert most of the time but I’ll save that topic for another day, it’ll be a good talk). This generally means that I can regain energy by having alone time, or find peace in quiet moments. However, as I’ve grown older and built meaningful relationships with other individuals, I’ve found that I wish to be invisible for a very different reason that to not be seen. Actually, I wish to be invisible in order to be seen. Sounds confusing right? I thought so too at first until someone explained the concept to me.

In order to have open and honest friendships or any type of relationships with others, you have to make yourself invisible...or maybe a better word would be transparent. You have to live a “see-through” kind of life. This doesn’t mean be flakey or lack in depth of character or even emotion, but to be honest. Have BIG HONESTY with the world, with others and sometimes more importantly, with yourself. Be vulnerable. As a fellow human who is also trying to make something of myself in this big world, I know how important it is to have people that know me, and for me to know myself. How do you expect that to happen if you don’t give yourself up to be held accountable for who you really are? And if you can’t be true to yourself, where are you headed in this life?

You were intelligently created by a God who loves you, and want to see you thrive in this life. He wants to see you thrive by doing you, not necessarily by doing the you that you may be presenting yourself to others as. Be raw for the sake of the power of individuality. Don’t stop shining who you are for the sake of someone else squinting. I will even use the cliche metaphor, “Be a snowflake because every snowflake is unique to itself."

Be unique, be honest, be vulnerable, and who knows, maybe you can even be a superhero.