What's Up With This Bad Luck?

What's Up With This Bad Luck?

Nothing will go right for me!

48
What's Up With This Bad Luck?
Polyvore.com

What the hell is wrong with me? Who did I screw over in a past life to have my life turned into a total mess?! Things typically work out for me and luck is on my side but ever since my first semester, I've been breaking things and my life has been a mess! A few weeks into my first semester at college, I took a nap while watching Netflix. Apparently, my twin size bed cannot fit me and my laptop. My poor $1,300 computer plummeted to the ground while open. Side note, my bed was so high I needed a running start to get onto it. Let's just skip to the part where I woke up and found my Mac screen cracked up the middle. Yay! Soon after that, my car got an oil leak and not just a small oil leak. One that turned my 3-hour trip home into a seven-hour trip home at 4 a.m. But I had to drive it home, how else would I get it home? Needless to say, that was hell. This brings me to Christmas break, when I broke every single fragile Christmas gift I got. A total of four glass pieces were shattered.

Next, during my second semester, I did the unthinkable. The most disturbing of all accidents. I dropped my phone in the toilet! Instantly unresponsive. But there was a quick solution available to me and I was able to get a brand new phone. But don't get too excited. I shattered that phone about two weeks after I left the store with it. I dropped my shatter resistant phone on the sidewalk and that was all it took. That takes me into summer break. I managed to misplace an envelope of $120. When I got back to school, the trouble only continued. This time, bad luck wasn't playing any games.

About one month of being at school, I got a flat tire on I-95 at 7:30 a.m. on my way to work. That was $150 fix and 35% increase on my stress. Later that week, my car started to sound like it was going to blow up. I spent my Sunday morning driving around trying to find someone to look at it and possibly fix it, but the shops that happened to be open would not/could not help me. That's another 30% stress increase. When I got home, feeling almost defeated by the impossible semester I'm having and my unlucky auto week, I updated that nice cracked mac computer. The update burned my hard drive and it will no longer turn on. Being a college student without a computer is great! I couldn't afford to have it fixed right away so I ordered an affordable tablet and keyboard combo to hold me over. With little surprise, the tablet came in and is horrible.

At this point, I have boiled over in stress. The Keyboard doesn't work and the tablet itself does not work up to standards. I don't know why everything is falling apart for me. Perhaps my luck is running out. Maybe this is karma. I don't know. But I will tell you, my semester is kicking my butt and if these trends continue, I will implode. I'm currently at about 150% stress level, so I we shall see when I hit maximum capacity. It should be soon...