What Your Study Spot Says About Your Study Habits

A (probably not) comprehensive list of study spots at Florida State, and what each says about you.

12
USAToday

1. Strozier

You are here for one of two reasons: A - you're here to actually get the school work you've procrastinated for a week done and you find yourself a quiet table hidden in the bookshelves of a part of the building that I've never been to, or B - you are in Stroz because you don't want to miss out on any action that goes down at this notorious FSU face-space. You also can only functionally do homework or study if half of the student body is there to observe and witness. Since your bio exam is in 5 hours, you will probably be there until 6:00am, while documenting it all on Snapchat. Stop ordering Jimmy Johns and get some work done. P.S. take off that Pot's band before swiping your card, please and thank you.

2. Dirac (or any non-Stroz library)

Damn, you're dedicated. Not only did you walk (or drive... you overachiever, you) to this location, but you made the academically favored decision to go to the quiet, productive library as opposed to the nightly post-game that is Strozier (sidenote: you're lying if you say you didn't go to Stroz after a night out while you were a freshman). Between the lovely nooks created solely for your academic success and that interesting, yet somehow confusing, staircase in the middle of the building, you're ready to get shit done. Plus, they just renovated the patio (outside seating for the nice weather is a win!) and have a fairly new Starbucks that helps caffeinate you without the awful line.

3. Literally anywhere else on campus

You're hoping to get in some quiet study time in between classes, or cram in a few more minutes of note-dump into your brain before an exam. You can focus in any situation and are merely just looking for a seat, with our without a neighboring table. You're pretty self-sufficient and therefore, I have nothing left to say. Go you!

4. Your house / apartment provided study area

You're the real winner here. Being mentally able to study and focus while lying in your own bed or laying on your own couch is the true testament to your self-control. You make your own coffee, settle in with your favorite blanket, and you never have to worry about forgetting a highlighter or notecards because they are just a few steps away. Good for you.

5. Starbucks, a trendy coffee shop, B&N, etc.

Hmmm. You're either really thirsty for that extra-studious-looking Snap Story or Insta, OR you really are just a dedicated student who likes the atmosphere of a quaint coffee shop. Can't tell if you're actually crazy for lugging all of your study supplies to a location other than campus, or if I'm just jealous of your pleasing aesthetic Insta page. Either way, this trip involves pants. I prefer not to study in pants. Go you, though. A for the effort! (Get it, ha.)