What Your Instagram Filter Says About You

They say a picture is worth a thousand words

85

The Chainsmokers said it best when they came up with they're hit single, "#SELFIE." We're all guilty of having spent ridiculous amounts of time fawning over every little detail meticulously like what caption to include and what filter to use. After a while, we've all developed a liking of one or two filters more than all the others. Here's what that filter says about you:

*Disclaimer: I did not include every single filter on here, and I only focused on the original filters because there are so many new ones that I didn't even know where to start and honestly, a lot of them look alike.

1. Normal: You like to stick to the basics. You’re probably a jeans and T-shirt kind of person.
  2. Moon/Willow/Inkwell: Either you’re posting a picture that isn’t great but looks pretty good in black and white, or you’re trying to be artsy/sophisticated. Chances are you own a record player or want one, and you drink tea.
  3. X-Pro II: You like making yourself look tan and you take/post a lot of selfies. #SELFIE was written with you in mind.
  4. Walden: You like it when things are easy. You calculate the lowest possible grades you could get while still managing to pass the class at the beginning of the semester in order to make sure you put in the least amount of effort necessary. You have a dog.
  5. Amaro: Your camera roll consists of a lot of blurry pictures from drunken nights out. This filter is perfect for you because it takes those dark selfies you took with the cute bartender and makes them lighter.
  6. Rise: You are a morning person. The name says it all. You like the way things look when the sun is just starting to come out and feel no better joy than when you are catching up on news or emails early in the morning with a fresh cup of coffee in hand.
  7. Kelvin: No one uses Kelvin and if you do, I honestly don’t know what to think about you.