New Year, New Me?

New Year, New Me?

What are your goals for the New Year?
75

When Fall semester ended, I took a break from writing but now as Spring semester is here (holy moly), I have decided to continue writing again. This month-long break of no studying, no homework, no stress, lots of time with friends and family, and too many naps to count was much needed. At the end of Fall semester, I was just done and ready for a break and now I am refreshed and ready to rock out my last semester as a Sophomore in college, wow.

As 2018 rolled in, I saw many people on social media talking about their "New Years Resolutions" and "New Year, New Me." I am not one to make resolutions for the upcoming new year because I think it is crazy and nobody ever keeps those. Right? I think we should have New Year Goals instead of resolutions that we probably won't ever keep. For instance, going to the gym every day and eating healthy. Now, those are AWESOME resolutions but not many of us ever keep them but if you do, kudos to you!

Instead of resolutions, I have come up with some goals that I hope to achieve this year. I want to strive to be healthier and get in shape at my own pace, simply love people better, dig into God's Word and experience His grace, and strive for success as a college student.

These goals may not seem grand to you but they are grand to me. I want to become a healthier version of myself and love people the way that Jesus does. I also want to give all I have to become the best future teacher I can be this semester. Last semester, I let myself become bogged down in school work and get way too stressed but this semester I hope to not let myself become as stressed and focus on not becoming a procrastinator, ha!

If you don't have any goals yet for this new year, I encourage you to start praying and thinking about some goals that you want to achieve this year. Whether it's school related, health-related, work-related, or relationship related, I hope you strive to achieve these goals this year. What are your goals this year?

I can't wait to see all that God has in store for me in 2018! Happy New Year, friends!