What I Wish My Friends Knew About My Crazy Schedule

Even though I'm busy, please know that I still love you.

102
Advanced Pediatric Therapies

When you ask to hang out and I tell you I’m busy... Do NOT take it personally. I am most likely busy and do not have free time. When you work at one job, have a few different families you babysit for, and tutor every week… you do not have many free days. Having three jobs will give you very little time for a social life.

I feel like most of my friends believe that I am trying to make excuses for not going out. They are not my excuses, but my reasons. I am an extremely busy person and schedule my plans a month in advance. Personally, this next upcoming month, I have no free weekends, and ninety percent of my weekdays are already taken as well.

A busy schedule can have its ups and downs. Having a packed schedule can be the most rewarding, emotional, fun and exhausting part of entering adult life. There are five major struggles about having a crazy, busy schedule.

1. If I tell you I’m busy, please do not take it personally.

When having a crazy and busy schedule, there have to be sacrifices. Ninety percent of the times my friends ask me to go out, I usually have to turn the plans down, unfortunately. But, I do not want you to take it personally. If I had time for a social life, I would love to make plans with you. And do not think that you are the only one I keep saying no to. I say no to everyone equally. I very rarely have free time and do not have time to go out with all of my friends.

2. I need time to just sit and relax.

Occasionally, I will have a free day. Just remember, these are very rare when it comes to my schedule and I usually want to sit home and relax. If you would want to sit at my house and watch Netflix on my off days, I would be more than happy to do that with you. Just please, do not expect me to go out whenever I have free time.

3. My Commitments are extremely important to me.

When I make plans, I very rarely cancel them for something else. So please, if I take the time to make plans with you, do not cancel them because something “better” came along. My commitments are important and I try not to disappoint anyone. If I can make everyone happy, I would in a heartbeat.

4. Please do not question my busy schedule.

One thing that bothers me the most is when people ask me why I schedule so many things. I do not feel the need to explain my life to you. I wish I was able to socialize anytime I want to, but I have priorities that come first. I hate having to say no to plans, but having friends get mad at me because I’m busy already is upsetting.

5. Please know that no matter what happens, I am always a phone call away if you need me.

There are often times that I will open a text message and not have time to respond. If I do not answer you, do not think I am ignoring you. Just realize I might have gotten busy and forgot to answer. Even if we do not talk often, just know that if you text or call me, I will be here for you at any time, day or night. I may be busy, but I am never too busy to help a friend. Just remember, that you are just as important as my priorities, I just tend to get busy and forget about my phone once in a while. If it is majorly important, text or call me multiple times and I am more likely to respond faster. But, honestly, thank you for sticking by my side, even with my crazy and busy schedule.