What I Wish I Could Tell My Parents

What I Wish I Could Tell My Parents

Because these are things they deserve to hear

256
What I Wish I Could Tell My Parents

Mom & Dad,

I want to start by saying thank you. Thank you for everything you guys do. You both always make sure that we have everything we need and even most things we want. You both always make sure I know that I can talk to you guys if I am ever feeling upset and I am SO grateful for that.

Not many people are as lucky as I am to have the relationships with their parents that I have. I couldn't ask to be any closer to my parents. The relationship we have is so special and I wouldn't trade it for the world. When I am feeling down, I know all I have to do is go to one of you and we will figure it out and find a way to make me feel better. There is nothing you guys are better at than making sure I know how loved and special I am, and I couldn't be more grateful for that.

Mom,

Thank you for working three jobs to make sure we have everything we need & want. I don't know of anyone who works as hard as you do. Thank you for watching episode after episode of Grey's Anatomy with me even when I know you're exhausted. Thank you for coming in my room and having sleepover with me .5 seconds after I text you that I can't fall asleep. Thank you for cuddling with me and scratching my back when I don't feel good. Thank you for always letting me buy stuff on Amazon... even when i don't need it. Lastly, thank you for always calling me beautiful, even though I already know that ;)

Dad,

Thank you for always making me laugh. Thank you for working 12 hour days so that, like mom, we can have all of the things we want and need. Thank you for texting me dad jokes out of nowhere just to make me smile, it means more than you know. Thank you for always telling me that if I ever need anyone to talk to, all I need is to let you know. I love that we have the relationship that we have, because not many people are lucky enough to have such an amazing relationship with their father.

I hope that when you guys read this, you are able to understand how much I truly love and appreciate the two of you, I am so lucky to have parents who are still in love and who care so so much for us. I know that no matter what, you both support me and love me and I couldn't be any more grateful.

I love you always.