What I Want From My Life

What I Want From My Life

A brain dump about my innermost thoughts? Sure, why not.

4
What I Want From My Life
cdn77.com

To stand at the precipice of an unknown cliff as the cold wind curls around my fingertips, encapsulating me in its comforting darkness, the shivers equal parts exhilaration and exposure to the elements.

To feel my eyes be gently blinded by the spectacle of viewing a sunrise unfold in the last minutes of the night - see the purple turn to orange, but not just purple - lilac, lavender, a brick orange, bursts of red and violet. Sense the grossness, but also the refinement, in each trail of color spread through the clouds.

To persevere through terrible and varied darkness, to feel my spirit break and my shoulders crumble under the weight of necessary responsibility and a labor of hate, and come through it all on the other side, smiling and shining.

To continue living for as long as possible, for even though I feel like nobody I currently know even wants me around, someone out there, one day, eventually will, and that happiness will be at the cost of all the previous heartbreak and darkest hours. Or if that doesn't happen, live my life in such a way that it inspires people to wish they were me, or at least want me to be a part of theirs, even in a small way.

To listen to my favorite songs over and over again till my blood thunders with the melodies and aggression contained in them, and remember why I like them. And recommend them to my friends, but it doesn't really work because nobody really likes heavy metal because according to chemistry it's corrosive in nature. Corrosive, but essential, in my opinion.

To finish college, and get one step closer having a comfortable life when I am living it myself. To not want or think twice about purchasing something.

And lastly, try and be a good person