what type of friends do you like?

what type of friends do you like?

650
what type of friends do you like?
http://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/

There are certain types of people in this life you want around you. People you can depend on and trust, but not everybody is meant to stick around. There will always be those friends who somehow undoubtedly worm their way into your heart, and end up being lifelong friends. Here I will classify the types of personalities of some of those different friend’s people may decide to keep around could have.

The first type of friend I would like to bring up is not the most pleasant type of person to bring around I would say. This character is the narcissistic friend who can come off as quite prudish sometimes. This person seems to always have some type of negative judgment they like to express when they open their mouths. Seldom does this type of friend seem to act impressed even by things that most people would deem respectable or hard to achieve. When they do seem to respect something they are honest about it. Also, they always seem to look at life through cynical eyes and can end up bringing a somewhat negative vibe around from my experiences with people like this. These types of friends can be good in small doses I would say unless you don’t mind the company of a cynic. One cynic that comes to mind is the infamous assassin Artemis Entreri in the Forgotten Realms Drizzt series. He teams up with a dark elf Jarlaxle. Who is held as a highly respected figure in a ruthless, cutthroat, and downright sinister fictional society. Artemis Entreri once stated, “Do not underestimate Jarlaxle. Many have; they all are dead.” Never has he been one to say such a thing about another, but in his friend’s defense that is what was said. You never know this type of person even might find a way into that category of a lifelong friend depending on your personality.

The next is the loud and whiney friend. This is the one I personally do not like. They also always have something negative to say, but unlike the narcissist up above this one continues to drone on and on. This paired with being loud and just most of the time out right rude is a horrible combination. Also, people like this seem to be extremely bossy. This type of person most would prefer to be outside that lifelong friend category I would hope. One example of this type of friend is honestly Angelica Pickles from the Rugrats cartoon series. She is always being loud and is a very self-centered individual who cares little for others. Anytime she decides to complain she never shuts her mouth. Also, she is a very bossy and demanding individual which would be quite annoying in my opinion. Hence the reason I don’t keep people like this around.

Another type of friend personality I would like to discuss is the shy and evasive type. Usually, these people are a little awkward sometimes do to the fact that is in their nature. I’ve noticed though people like this can be some of the most innocent and genuine people you may have the chance to encounter. They usually are loyal to a fault and care for the people around them very much so. An example of this type of friend that comes to mind is honestly a character from an anime show called Naruto: her name is Hinata Hyuga. She is all of what I described above. I will also mention she has a strong affinity to always protect her loved ones. Who wouldn’t want a friend so pure? I know I would mind having a friend like this.

Next in line, we have the funny and goofy friend. This person usually does little things to annoy people unintentionally. They sometimes say too much or say things in the wrong manner. These types of people will also joke around a lot and may come off slightly childish at time. Oh well, I think it is just their way of them being themselves. Also, this type of person is always funny to keep around due to the fact that life is never dull or boring when they are around. Who doesn’t want to have such an entertaining character around?

Next is one my personal favorites: the direct but honest friend. This friend is better than gold. He may say too much or seem to say things at the wrong time. He also may come off as somewhat offensive or abrasive, but in all actuality, he is loyal and only has your best interest at heart. If I could think of one example of this type of friend it would be Gimli from Lord of the Rings Trilogy. He often tends to stoke the fires of his elven companion’s anger. One of the better scenes I remember is the kill competition in the middle of a battle. Where they preceded to goad each other by a direct and honest spout about each other’s abilities in battle. The elf though was indeed the victor of their competition: leaving Gimli in a slightly foul mood, to much amusement. In the book Legolas states, “But you comfort me, Gimli, I'm glad to have you standing nigh with your stout legs and your hard axe. I wish there were more of your kin among us, but even more, would I give for a hundred good archers of Mirkwood." I think all of us could use a loyal and honest friend such as Gimli.

Last but not least there is the distant but dependent friend he probably doesn’t hang out much. This person might even live in another state completely, but whenever you need them they are the first person you call for help most of the time. This person can be somewhat reclusive but comes around whenever they feel like being social. This person usually is the advice giver and holder of wisdom between friends. They are a good type of person to keep in your corner. One example of this type of person is Gandalf from the Lord of the Ring Trilogy. In the books, he is not always present alongside the main character Frodo, but when his friends need him he makes his appearance to offer any and all aid possible. One account I can think of when he guides them through the Mines of Moria. He ends up battling an ancient demon entity known as Barlog. In this battle, he ends up almost getting killed but survives to bring aid and wisdom in future endeavors. Who wouldn’t want a friend like Gandalf?

These are just a couple examples of different types of friends you might decide to keep around. All in all, anyone of these types of people can end up being a lifelong friend. It all depends on what type of people you prefer to be around. As they say birds of a feather flock together and I find this to be all too true. Which type of friends will you end up keeping around? Only time will tell as we travel through this little journey we call life.