TV Shows You Should Be Watching On Netflix Right Now

net-flix-ing: 1. The act of watching an entire season of a show in one sitting; 2. A totally valid excuse for avoiding social obligations.

66
seekingalpha

These are all shows that I have either watched and loved, or heard great things about. I have watched almost all of these. I hear people all of the time asking for recommendations about what to watch on Netflix, so here mine are. I went to iMDb to give you the best information and rating to help you decide what the next worthy show is for you. I have put each show in order of ratings and categories (Shows I Have Watched, Netflix Originals, Shows On My To Watch List).

1. Friends

Netflix rating: 9/10

Follows the personal and professional lives of six 20 to 30-something-year-old friends living in Manhattan.

I have watched every episode of Friends several times and I would definitely recommend this to anyone who hasn't seen it. It is hilarious and you can easily spend 8 hours binge-watching it.

My Rating: 10/10

2. The Office (U.S.)

Netflix Rating: 8.8/10

A mockumentary on a group of typical office workers, where the workday consists of ego clashes, inappropriate behavior, and tedium. Based on the hit BBC series.

Any time there is nothing to watch on TV, The Office is automatically my go-to show to watch.

My Rating: 10/10

3. Parks and Recreation

Netflix Rating: 8.6/10

The absurd antics of an Indiana town's public officials as they pursue sundry projects to make their city a better place.

I just began watching this show and it reminds me a lot of The Office, so if you are a fan of The Office, I would definitely recommend this show.

My Rating: 8/10

4. Prison Break

Netflix Rating 8.5/10

Due to a political conspiracy, an innocent man is sent to death row and his only hope is his brother, who makes it his mission to deliberately get himself sent to the same prison in order to break the both of them out, from the inside.

I have only watched a couple of episodes but I do have to say it is a very intriguing show and I am always wondering what is going to happen next.

My Rating: 8.5/10

5. The Originals

Netflix Rating: 8.3/10

A family of power-hungry thousand year old vampires look to take back the city that they built and dominate all those who have done them wrong.

I have been a huge fan of this show from the beginning. However, I would recommend that you start with The Vampire Diaries. This show is a spin-off of The Vampire Diaries and does not start until the end of the fourth season of The Vampire Diaries.

My Rating: 10/10

6. American Horror Story

Netflix Rating: 8.2/10

An anthology series that centers on different characters and locations, including a house with a murderous past, an insane asylum, a witch coven, a freak show, a hotel and a sinister farmhouse.

I watched the first season of this show and I really enjoyed it. It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. However, once it got to the second season, I only got halfway through because it freaked me out too much. If you like horror, I would definitely recommend this to you.

My Rating: 8/10

7. Hart of Dixie

Netflix Rating: 7.8/10

New Yorker and new doctor Zoe Hart accepts an offer from a stranger, Dr. Harley Wilkes, to work in his medical practice in Bluebell, Alabama. She arrives to find he has died and left half the practice to her in his will.

I started out watching this show, due to the fact that Rachel Bilson is in it. I have always been a huge fan of The O.C. (which I would recommend, but it is not on Netflix). I also thought it was really cool that it was based on a small-town in Alabama.

My Rating: 8.5/10

8. The Vampire Diaries

Netflix Rating: 7.8/10

A teenage girl from Mystic Falls is torn between two vampire brothers, who are quite the opposite.

I have been a huge fan of this show for as long as I can remember. If you read my article "10 Things The Vampire Diaries' Taught me," you know how much I love this show. (If you have not read it, you should check it out!) There are so many love triangles, bloody deaths, and tragic (and not so tragic) love stories.

My Rating: 10/10

9. One Tree Hill

Netflix Rating: 7.7/10

Half-brothers Lucas and Nathan Scott trade between kinship and rivalry both on the basketball court and in the hearts of their friends in the small, but not so quiet town of Tree Hill, North Carolina.

I am watching this show at the moment and am on season 8 out of the 9 seasons. Basketball, love triangles, and drama, drama, drama.This show is filled with SO MUCH drama. If you like dramatic shows, this is definitely one for you.

My Rating: 9.5/10

10. Grey's Anatomy

Netflix Rating: 7.5/10

A drama centered on the personal and professional lives of five surgical interns and their supervisors.

I don't know if I know anyone who hasn't seen at least one episode of this show. Aspiring doctors, or people who think they can perform a surgery after watching this show, all seem to love it. I know that everyone was upset when certain characters *cough* McDreamy *cough* died, but everyone still seems to love it.

My Rating: 9/10

11. New Girl

Netflix Rating: 7.7/10

After a bad break-up, Jess, an offbeat young woman, moves into an apartment loft with three single men. Although they find her behavior very unusual, the men support her - most of the time.

This show always makes my day. Each cast member brings something different to the table but fit in perfectly together. It never fails to put a smile on my face.

My Rating: 10/10

12. Pretty Little Liars

Netflix Rating: 7.6/10

Four friends band together against an anonymous foe who threatens to reveal their darkest secrets, while unraveling the mystery of the murder of their best friend.

I watched this show from the very beginning. If you love mystery, there is always one going on. This show has changes who A is so many different times.

My Rating: 8.5/10

13. Gossip Girl

Netflix Rating: 7.4/10

Privileged teens living on the Upper East Side of New York can hide no secret from the ruthless blogger who is always watching.

This show made every girl want to be Blair Waldorf and wish they had a Chuck Bass in their life. I remember staying up until 4 every morning watching this show. You know you love me, xoxo, Gossip Girl.

My Rating: 10/10

Netflix Originals

14. Grace and Frankie

Netflix Rating: 8.2/10

Finding out that their husbands are not just work partners, but have also been romantically involved for the last 20 years, two women with an already strained relationship try to cope with the circumstances together.

I have only seen a couple of episodes of this, but my best friends love this show. I love how two women that hate each other, come together and support each other after a difficult situation.

My Rating: 8/10

15. Fuller House

Netflix Rating: 7.1/10

In a continuation of Full House (1987), D.J. Fuller is a mother of three young boys and is a recent widow. D.J.'s sister Stephanie, her best friend Kimmy and Kimmy's teenage daughter all move in to help raise her sons. The house is now a lot fuller.

Although, nothing will ever compare to the original Full House, I loved seeing the Tanner Family (or shall I say Fuller family) coming back together for another show. I have seen every episode of Full House at least 5 times each. If you want to see what the Tanner family has become, or miss the Dreamy Uncle Jesse, I would recommend this to you.

My Rating: 7.5/10

Shows On My To Watch List

(I have not been able to watch these shows yet, but they are definitely on my list to watch later. Due to this, I cannot give a fair rating.)

16. Stranger Things

9/10

When a young boy disappears, his mother, a police chief, and his friends must confront terrifying forces in order to get him back.

17. Supernatural

8.6/10

Two brothers follow their father's footsteps as "hunters" fighting evil supernatural beings of many kinds including monsters, demons, and gods that roam the earth.

18. How I Met Your Mother

8.4/10

A father recounts to his children, through a series of flashbacks, the journey he and his four best friends took leading up to him meeting their mother.

19. How to Get Away With Murder

8.3/10

A group of ambitious law students and their brilliant criminal defense professor become involved in a twisted murder plot that promises to change the course of their lives.

20. Gilmore Girls

8.1/10

A drama centering around the relationship between a thirtysomething single mother and her teen daughter living in Stars Hollow, Connecticut.

21. Gilmore Girls: A Year in The Life

8/10

Set nearly a decade after the finale of the original series, this revival follows Lorelai, Rory and Emily Gilmore through four seasons of change.