Every college freshman has waited for it: Move-In week. You spent all summer long working, saying goodbye to friends and family, and buying things in anticipation for your brand new shiny life to begin. But what happens when the chaos of move in day ends and everything is organized and in place?
1. You Attend Social Events Hosted By Your Dorm In Hopes To Make Friends.
Human Bingo, Tye-Dyeing shirts, Pizza Parties... You get the drill. The first week you're always around people and you're bound to find that one group where everyone just kind of clicks.
2. There's Always That One Kid That Receives A Nickname Within The First Week Of Being On Campus.
In my dorm however, that's the one kid who religiously plays Forza in the first floor lounge of the dorm on the Xbox One. His Nickname? Forza Guy*
*- Subject to change depending on whomever is speaking of him.
3. It's Only Been A Week And The Sight Of Pizza Is Already Repulsive.
You have already eaten pizza 5 out of the 7 days in a week. You are also 105% certain that if you see another doughy pie with tomato sauce and cheese you will throw it in the trash.
4. You Most Likely Haven't Slept Well In Over 48 Hours So Why Even Try?
"Sleep is for the weak!" You cry as you fall asleep on the sofa in the first floor lounge while Forza guy plays well... Forza.
5. The Best Part Is That Right Now Campus Is Not Super Busy So That's Good.
You can actually get around and do things without running into a massive herd of students in the middle of a courtyard! Good for you!
6. Syllabus Week Is Coming Up And You Still Don't Know Where Anything Is.
Where's that classroom again? Oh you have to take 4 staircases, 3 elevators, and a horse to get there.
7. Even Amongst The Chaos, You're Having The Time Of Your Life.
College may be new and crazy, but among the ups and downs you are definitely having the best time of your life and sharing it with those around you.