11 Things You Should DEFINITELY Bring to College

Trust me, you will thank me later!

2609

There are so many things to pack for college, that it's no wonder people tend to leave some behind and not realize they need them until it's too late. Don't make the same mistakes - buy everything now so that you'll have it when you need it later. With 6 months free of Amazon Prime Student, you can have it all in your home and ready to be packed before the week is over.

1. Rain Gear

You may not realize, but buying rain boots, a rain jacket, and an umbrella is an absolute must! If you don't bring it, you will find yourself walking around campus with a garbage bag on your head and pools of water in your shoes. Even if you are going somewhere where it barely rains, BUY RAIN GEAR! You will need it, and you will regret it if you don't.

2. A Vacuum

In college you will notice that the floor gets dirty within just a few hours; especially on the weekends. And if you don't buy a vacuum, you may find out very quickly that you are highly allergic to dust.

3. An Ice Pack

You may be more in need of an ice pack in college than any other time in your life. You will find yourself getting injured over and over again at the dumbest of times. And at that moment all you want/need is some good old ice!

4. Lots of Socks

When using community washers and dryers people tend to either move or switch people's clothes. By the end of the semester you will find yourself to have a grand total of three pairs of socks.

5. A Drying Rack

Once again, community washers and dryers for a bunch of college students means that half the time they will NOT work. So do yourself a favor and buy a drying rack. And if you don't well you might end up using your hallway as a drying rack.

6. Breakfast To Go

Sleep is a really great friend in college and waking up early to go to the cafeteria is not always the most appealing thought, especially when you hear your alarm go off. When the alarm goes off you much rather just go back to sleep and wake up five minutes before you need to leave for class. And in that case, you need some type of food to hold you over.

7. An Extension Cord

In dorm rooms, there are not a lot of outlets.That being said, if you use the alarm clock on your phone, you will not hear it if it is on the other side of the room. If you do not hear your alarm, you will end up being late to your early morning class. And let me tell you, it is really awkward walking into class even just a little late.

8. Lots of Hangers

You will go to college thinking that you really do not need many hangers. Your thought process is that, "well, I will have a dinky little closet and I will just put everything in bins". If I were you, I would re-think that thought. Getting clothes out of bins that are stacked one on top of the other, is super annoying. What ends up happening is a closet full of a disastrous mess. Get the hangers, and multiply the amount of space in your closet by adding a portable hanger rod.

9. Toilet Paper and Paper Towels

The whole idea of community living means that, well, you live with other people. Now remember, most of these people you have never lived with before and you probably do not know them at all. Now if you are using the same bathroom with all of these people and one of them uses the rest of the paper towels or toilet paper, there first thought is probably not, "let me just go knock on everyone's doors in the hallway and tell them that I was the one to use the rest of the paper products because of my bodily fluids.

10. A Mattress Pad

The beds at school are a lot more comfortable than you think, but I still highly recommend bringing a mattress pad. That mattress pad will change your life. It makes the bed 1000 times more comfortable! No one wants to be tired all day...

And last but not least...

11. Towel Wraps, NOT Robes

Robes are not always the best, because the bathrooms and showers can be very small at school. Trying to put a robe on in a small space when you just got out is like putting on jeans when you just got out of the shower and are soaking wet. It is just a huge struggle and a pointless waste of time. Now towel wraps are cheap; Amazon sells them for like $10 (that is what it was last time I checked). You realize when you are walking down the hallway to the bathroom with your shower caddy, while trying to hold your towel up, and also unlock the bathroom door, well, sometimes the towel falls.

Now remember, these are just suggestions, but I wish someone told me to bring these things to college. So just get them.

Note: As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.