7 Simple Things I'm Grateful For

7 Simple Things I'm Grateful For

It is the season to be thankful.

24
https://www.pexels.com/photo/achievement-confident-free-freedom-6945/

Fall is a season filled with gratitude. During this season, I often find myself overlooking the things that I am thankful for. During this season, try and make it a point to have a grateful heart and find some simple things that you are thankful for.

1. Home 

Home is a place that is filled with grateful hearts. It is a place where I know that I am loved. Home is slow paced and something that I am oh so grateful for.

2. Fall weather

Living in the South, cold fall weather does not come until late October or early November. When the weather begins to drop, I always find my favorite sweaters that have been hiding out in my closet since the year before. I know it seems quite simple, but I am thankful for a morning of cold, fall weather.

3. Coffee

I simply cannot survive without drinking coffee every day. I love mornings spent sipping a hot cup of coffee. If you cannot find anything to be grateful for, make it coffee because we all know that we could not survive without it.

4. Friends 

It is so essential that you find a group of friends that love you and are supportive of you. I am so thankful for my sweet friends. Without my friends, I would be lost.

5. A warm cozy bed 

My bed is one of my favorite places to be. I simply love cuddling up under a thousand blankets. On cold rainy mornings, I am thankful for my warm cozy bed.

6. Grandparents

My grandparents are some of my favorite people on earth. A few months ago, I lost my grandfather and it made me realize how thankful I am for my grandparents.

Grandparents are filled with so much wisdom and one of my favorite things to do with them is to sit and listen to them tell my stories. Pick up the phone during this season and tell your grandparents that you love them.

7. Education 

As an early childhood educator, I realize how important education is. Without teachers or an education, you will not be able to even read this article. Go thank a teacher. You simply have no idea how much they sacrifice for you.

If you cannot find anything to be thankful for, be thankful for these seven things. It is the season of thankfulness so open your hearts and say thanks!