10 Things College Seniors Could Be Doing Instead Of Freaking Out That They Don't Have A Job Yet

You still have, like, at least a couple months before you need to worry about that.

384

It's so easy for college students to spend their entire school careers stressing out about lining up internships and ensuring that they find jobs. Don't let your senior year pass you by—here are some things all college seniors can be doing to make sure they make the most of their last year in college!

1. Enjoying not having a job.

Unless something goes horribly wrong, you'll have a job consistently until retirement. That shouldn't be a bad thing—hopefully you pursue a career you ,want—but having a job comes with both satisfaction and endless stress. Enjoy freedom while it lasts, folks.

2. Building up their credit scores.

I don't know about you, but credit was always a sort of abstract idea to me until I got to college. In the real world, your credit score determines everything. Maybe look into opening a credit card or two, and make sure you are knowledgeable about how to keep your score in a good place. Don't get so caught up thinking about jobs that you forget about equally important things like buying and renting houses or apartments in the future.

3. Spending quality time with friends.

After graduation, you won't be alone, but you and your friends probably won't be nearly as available to hang out as you are now. Take advantage of every opportunity you get to hang out and have a good time.

4. Spending quality time with family.

Your family will be there for you after you get a job, too, obviously, but make sure you spend as much time with them as you can before you move out. Heading off for college is one thing, moving out for good is totally another. If you're moving to a different city, state or even country, make sure you spend some time with your family members before you go.

5. Daydreaming about their future pets.

Yeah, my future cat (Sir Roland Pennyworth IV) is going to have a mansion. Paris Hilton style.

6. Saving money.

Make sure you open a savings account now. If you're lucky, your parents will help you along the way as you start your new adult life. However, you should make sure you have money saved up so you can help yourself. Independence is a virtue.

7. Researching the job market.

Sometimes doing some Googling can help put your mind at ease. If you haven't found a job yet, maybe look into the career path you've chosen. Nothing is unattainable—maybe there's another career path that would better fit your goals and education.

8. Planning a trip abroad.

If you haven't studied abroad, try to get a group of friends to go somewhere outside the country for spring break. Every adult (like, real adult—over 30 years old) I've spoken to has stressed that college is the best time to experience another culture. Save up and go!

9. Taking time for self-care.

Life is about to start moving fast as you graduate and start your adult life. Take some time now to really cater to what you want. Read a book for fun. Watch a movie, a TV series, a documentary or some YouTube videos. Don't forget to take some time for yourself and your happiness.

10. Remembering that it's okay to take life one day at a time.

You don't have to plan the entire rest of your life when you're 21. Remember that sometimes unexpected things happen. Be spontaneous, take any opportunity to learn and grow. Really live in the moment, because it takes more than simply finding a job to create a bright future for yourself.

Life is about so much more than your career. Obviously, you should care about your future aspirations—just don't forget to live in the present, too!