It’s Okay To Worry About Life After An Undergraduate Degree

Post-Grad Should Be A Time For Celebrating Your Accomplishments NOT Stressing Out About Finding A Job

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams” -Eleanor Roosevelt

100

They tell you to go to school and get a degree, but no one talks about the stress that comes when you're all done with it. You spend four years of your life, sometimes out of state and far away from home, and dedicate yourself to a life that you want to follow. No one talks about how hard and stressful this transition is. No one talks about the worry that we go through as undergraduate college students.

The stress of finding a job and moving out before you are even 22 is tremendous and sometimes even depressing. You look at your peers around you - the ones that have jobs lined up after graduation, the ones graduating with honors, the ones with two degrees at once, and the ones with internships that want to hire them after graduation. You think about what would have happened if you had chosen another major or if you had gone to a different school and the stress and anxiety can straight up eat you alive.

Life after graduation shouldn't be focused on any of this at all. It should be a time where you celebrate your accomplishments and put your name on a pedestal because you know you worked hard to get to where you are.

For me, I'm not exactly sure what I want to do after my graduation from undergraduate studies, but I know where I want to go. No matter what, I will start to head that way. I know that I am not done learning and I still feel like there is so much more that life must have to offer me.

It's okay to not be okay and it's okay to not know. What's not okay is doubting yourself and giving in to the lies that come into your thoughts and distract you from the goal that you were meant to reach.

Imagine what you could do for the world to make it a better place for yourself or for others. Building a positive atmosphere and keeping a sound peace of mind is what will carry you through the highs and lows that undergraduate school can bring you. God gives his toughest battles to His strongest soldiers and it is important to keep this close to the heart through the good times and the bad.

The hard times were meant to build character and to help you become a better you. Troubleshooting through life will prove to be lessons beyond understanding that you will be grateful for in the future. I know I am grateful for the trials that I went through to become the person that I am today.

Nothing is easy, but I push through day by day. While I do worry about the road that I am about to drive down, I know that eventually, I will find my place. I know who I am and I know that I want to help kids. I want them to reach their dreams, as being in their place is one that meant so much to me.