What Not To Do Before You Go To Bed

3 Stimulants That Make A Good Night's Sleep A Nightmare

These energizers give me the energy that I need for the day, but can lead to trouble when I need to fall asleep.

143
https://www.maxpixel.net/Woman-Sleeping-Bed-Person-1836316

There are times when I cannot fall asleep. Sometimes, it is because of these three energizers. These energizers give me the energy that I need for the day but can lead to trouble when I need to fall asleep.

1. Coffee

One time, I drank coffee at 5 p.m. That night, I could not fall asleep. It was a nightmare. I tried to stay in bed, waiting for sleep to come to me. Unfortunately, sleep never came to me. The worst part was that it was Sunday night and I had school the next day. I came to school late the next day. I came during my second class. A friend asked me, "Why are you late, Amber?" I replied that I could not fall asleep because I drank coffee yesterday evening. He responded by saying that coffee is only for the morning, not for any other period of the day. From that moment forward, I try to drink coffee in the morning only. I do not drink it often like most people do. Whenever I am in college, I never buy coffee during my lunch period. I do not want to have the same thing happen to me again. Even if I am craving for it and seeing other people buying it, I tell myself, "Nope. You will regret it again like last time."

2. Tea

I mostly drink tea at Chinese restaurants. Sometimes, I drink tea at home because there are packets of tea in the cabinet. One day during my second semester of college, I drank tea in the afternoon. I wanted to finish up the packet of tea from the cabinet. That night, I realized that it was not a good idea. I could not fall asleep. Unlike the incident with the coffee, I did not wait for sleep to come. I went to read a story from class. It was very long and it took me from 1 a.m. to 4 a.m. to finish the story. Along the way, there was a lot of words that I need to look up online, so that I could have a better understanding of the story. At least I was able to finish it that night because that weekend was very busy for me.

Another time was when I had one of my earliest lunches. Before the second semester ended, I had an early lunch with my family and relatives. I drank tea, but I still cannot fall asleep that night. How can that be? I drank it at 11 a.m. and it was still not worn out at night time. Even my mother had the same problem that night? How is that possible? I was thinking that I drank a lot of tea since I drank plenty of cups that time. Maybe I should not drink too much tea and should only drink it during the morning. So, one morning, I drank one cup of tea and all was fine that night. Whenever I go to Chinese restaurants during the evening, I avoid the tea and order a different drink.

3. Video games

During my second semester of college, I was playing "Kingdom Hearts 3" on the PlayStation 4 during the nighttime. It was so fun that I was not able to fall asleep. My parents knew that the video game might have something to do with it. So, I made sure that I was done playing the game at 10 p.m. Most of the time, I played the game until midnight or 1 a.m. When the game was near the end, I played it during the daytime. This was after the end of the second semester. That made things better for me during the nighttime.

Do you agree that these three energizers can make people not fall asleep? What other energizers do not make you fall asleep?