What I Mean When I Say BFF

What I Mean When I Say BFF

I still love you, I still pray for you, and I still want you to succeed.

21
What I Mean When I Say BFF
E! Online

Best Friends Forever, I hear people say it all of the time, the phrase "I love you" is probably one of the most overused phrases in the English language, but I think "BFFs" is the second most overused. Of course, by overused, I don't just mean it is said a lot, I'm talking about the number of times it is said, but not really meant.

Much like any female, growing up, I had many different friends. Most of my friendships ended in heart ache, I remember being heart broken time and time again because I had been betrayed by someone I had called my best friend. Although I am sure I have hurt peoples' feelings plenty of times throughout the course of my life, I have done my best to ALWAYS be considerate of how other people feel. Almost, to a fault, I have always tried to be the person who puts how everyone else feels in front of how I feel. That is why it has always been so hard for me to accept that someone I was so good to, would not even return the favor.

However, no matter how my old best friends have treated me in the past, I have never stopped loving them. I still pray for them, when I find out they're going through a hard time, my heart aches for them, and whenever they succeed in something, I am proud for them. Every friendship I have had throughout the course of my life, holds a special place in my heart. If it hadn't been for them, I would not be who I am today. That sounds cheesy, I know, but it is true. God places these people in your life for a reason, and when he sees them becoming toxic to the plans he has for you, he removes them from your life.

So, bottom line, I want all of my 'ex-besties' to know that I still love them, and I pray for them always. Just because friendships fail, does not mean you need to compromise your heart and fill it with hate rather than love. Be thankful for your forever friends, but also for your temporary friends. They were there for you for a little while, friendship is something that is worth it's weight in gold.