"What Makes You Feel Alive?"

"What Makes You Feel Alive?"

I asked 25 people, "What Makes You Feel Alive?" These are their responses.

4359
"What Makes You Feel Alive?"
Personal Photo

After watching, Yes Theory on YouTube, I got to thinking about what makes me feel, "Alive." On my search of finding what makes me feel the most alive, I asked 25 people what makes them feel alive; these are their responses:

​1. The thrill of success after many failures

2. "The adrenaline rush I get when I perform in front of hundreds to thousands of people."

3. What makes me feel alive is living in the moment. For once, forgetting about my responsibilities and having a good time with people I care about." 

4. Reading! With every book you get the chance to live a new life, and immerse yourself in a whole new world." 

5. "Everyday that I wake up with hope knowing the best is yet to come"

6. "Racing Vehicles" 

7. "Fresh air"

8. "Traveling and seeing new places and new people."

9. "Sliding on a new pair of moccasins and feeling the soft untouched fur on my feet." 

10. "Luke Combs"

11. "Being in love. Feeling a soul connection to someone. Knowing that there's someone who can't live without you. Having a life partner." 

12. "Taking risks and seeking discomfort." 

13. "The happiness of the people around me and them being able to succeed." 

14. "I feel alive when I do new and exciting new things. Spending time with the people I love the most and knowing that I'm where I am supposed to be."

15. "Self-confidence makes me feel alive. When I learned to love what I saw in the mirror, my whole perspective changed and life was a gift again." 

16. "Petting my cat, cuddling my boyfriend, making other people laugh, concerts, getting tacos."

17. "Driving late at night with my friends, listening to music and sticking your head out of the sunroof." 

18. "Being able to go outside and have full use of my body to perform any activities I want."

19. "Fresh Air, Sunshine, Good Music"

20. "Driving with the windows down in the summer."

21. "Driving in the middle of the night with the windows down and getting lost."

22. "Seeing my girlfriend overcome her fears."

23. "When I am with my family and we are on vacation together."

24. "When I am proactive and finish work projects before they are due."

25. "Seeing my mother smile."

I personally feel alive when I partake in impulsive adventures. I feel alive when I hug my grandmother and when I am swimming. 

After my little experiment, it became clear to me to seek my own discomfort and find my happiness where I feel the most alive.