What I Learned Over Holiday Break

What I Learned Over Holiday Break

I Did More Than Just Sleep!

20
What I Learned Over Holiday Break
AliExpress

The long holiday break between semesters is something I eagerly anticipate each school year. However, rather than sleep for the entire month (which is what I wanted to do), I decided to step out of my comfort zone and try some new aspects during my time of usual relaxation.

1. I Joined the Hand-bell Choir

Now this may not seem like the most appealing idea at first, but since my time in high school band, I was missing a musical component in my life. Joining this wonderful group of women not only helped me make new friendships, but also taught me the importance of working together to create a beautiful song.

2. Faith Became a Deeper Part of My Life

Related to joining the choir, I found myself spending more time at church over this holiday season. I started regularly attending mass each Sunday, and spent additional time at my parish through choir practice. Being in a serene, quiet environment helped me form a deeper connection to my religion and how it is imperative to Chirstmas.

3. I Spent Time with Family

This may be obvious, but I never realized the true impact of my family on who I am today until I spent a substantial amount of time with them. Whether it be through watching Netflix with my younger sister or just sharing lunch with my mom, I learned more about their lives while I'm away at school, and was able to further develop my relationships with them.

4. I Strengthened My Relationship

Distance relationships are hard, especially when both people are involved in school, work, and extracurricular activities. However, this month home gave me the chance to sit with my boyfriend and simply relax, because we had the time to do so and enjoy each other's company without the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

5. I Worked Full-Time

Working retail full-time exhausted me in a completely different way than I feel at college. My body ached, I yawned constantly, and waking up before nine o'clock felt awful. On the other hand, my store was full of excited customers for the holiday season, and I was constantly surrounded by motivating and encouraging coworkers. Put in this positive environment, my job didn't seem quite so bad.