7 Things I Learned About Junior Year So Far

It's crazy to think that I only have two more years of college left but I am excited to see what my future holds.

19
Nikki Ezbiansky

As week six of the semester has begun and midterms are right round the corner, I have learned so much about junior year of college and my future. I have experienced so much so far and matured along the way. Here are seven things I have learned so far s a junior in college.

1. I am finally taking classes within my major and I am so excited for my future within the field.

I am officially done taking my general education classes and completing my major and minor credits. It makes me excited to start working within the Communications field come May 2018.

2. I am more mature than I was my freshman and sophomore year.

I have grown up quite a bit over the summer and it definitely shows in several different ways. Even my mother said I am a different person than I was last semester and that makes me proud of myself.

3. Sometimes staying in is ten times more appealing than a fraternity party.

My first two years were wild. I would go to different parties every Friday and Saturday night. Now, my bed is so much more welcoming than any house party. I don't have a fer of missing out anymore.

4. I know who my closest college friends are and who I can rely on the most.

I can say I have many friends but I found my closest friends recently. Unfortunately, most of them are seniors leaving this semester and next semester.

5. I need to start looking for apartments and internships for my senior year.

This actually terrifies the hell out of me, but excites me at the same time. No more living in the dorms after this year. Internships will give me that front step in the door when I apply for jobs post graduation.

6. I look at freshman and think to myself how I ever was one.

LOL. When I see a freshman being helped out of a party by her friends I laugh and wonder how and why I ever acted like that to begin with. But we all make mistakes.

7. I am excited to graduate next year and face the real world.

Most of the people that I know in college do not want to leave and I was like that before. Now, I can't want to get my degree and start my career. I am still scared, but I am ready even if I am only twenty years old.

For now, I am going to enjoy my last two years of college and be crazy when I want to with my closest friends. Junior year has brought me so many opportunities so far and I expect more to come up before I call myself a senior.