What I've Learned During My First Two Years of College

The best lessons I've learned have happened outside of the lecture hall.

23
www.pinterest.com

Seeing myself where I am now, it’s almost impossible for me to believe that I just finished my second year of college. Looking back on the time before I started my freshman year, I can hardly recognize the person I was then. This isn’t a bad thing, but it amazes me to see how much I’ve learned and how far I’ve grown in two short years. Before college, I never could have predicted how profoundly it would change me, or the multitude of lessons it would teach me about the world, about myself, and about other people. Although there have been a lot of ups and downs, I’m thankful for all that I’ve learned and experienced during my first two years of college.

Throughout the past two years, and especially my freshman year, I learned a lot about myself. I discovered that I was capable of so much more than I ever could have imagined. I think that these past two years have brought out the best version of myself in terms of academics, extracurricular activities, and relationships. I feel as if I have built myself a new home at school and a life, which brings me so much joy each, and everyday. When I reflect on my life since college, I’m so thankful that I am where I am and that I’ve become the person I am now.

College has also taught me a lot about relationships of all kinds. Being away from home has taught me the importance of family and close friends and how important it is to keep in contact with those back home. Being at school has taught me how to establish and maintain good relationships, and I’m grateful for all of the people that I’ve met while at school. I feel that in the past few years I’ve become a better friend and a better person because of the people I get to know and love. They have changed me for the better and I am forever thankful.

Most of all, these past two years have taught me how to persevere. Although these two years have been incredible and transformative, they have also been heart-wrenching and difficult. I’ve faced a lot of hard times, and experienced heartbreak of several kinds. There have been a lot of times when I’ve wanted to give up but I’ve learned how to fight through it. I strongly believe that over the past two years, I’ve become a stronger person, by growing through what I’ve gone through. For this and so much more, I am thankful.

So far, college has taught me so much. Not just academically, but personally. I’ve learned a great deal about the world and about life over the past few years and I’m thankful for all of the ups and downs and everything in between. I’ve seen myself grow as a person through the people I’ve met and the places I’ve been, and I can’t wait to see what the next two years hold.