What It's Like To Pursue A Busy Person

What It's Like To Pursue A Busy Person

It's not for the weak of heart.

15
What It's Like To Pursue A Busy Person
Unsplash

Dude, you're always so busy! How do you do it?

These are the silent thoughts and undertones that seem to hum underneath my own hustle and bustle as I rush from class to class, clock in at work, click clack away on my computer on an essay that's due in two hours, only to tackle three chapters of this textbook, another scholarly article about this author, finishing off my nightcap with a little light reading from an anthology of classic literature that weighs more than a newborn baby (no, I'm not kidding.)

But seriously, man- how do you do it? You have two jobs, field experience hours required for your degree, and a full credit load. You seem to have it all together, too- you're excited about your future field, you still find time to hang out with friends, and you somehow make time to go to church and have dinner with your family.

Maybe this is what it's like to pursue a relationship with someone like me. No wonder it's so incredibly annoying and simultaneously rewarding! I'm not going to lie, it's awful trying to knit-pick our schedules apart to find time to hang out; sometimes it feels like we're trying to force two puzzle pieces together that are almost the right shape, but in the end don't create the right picture.

If you want something done (and done right!), ask the busiest person you know- they'll make time to help a friend. Well, let me tell you one thing- I will make time for you. Yes, I am busy. Yes, you are busy. We're both ridiculously busy, and trying to find time to pursue our spark is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. But, nothing worthwhile was ever achieved easily- and I'm willing to put in my time and energy to pursue what could be a magical new beginning. Will you join me?