What It's Like to Love Someone Emotionally Unavailable

​Here's what it's like to love someone emotionally unavailable when you are an emotional person.

1743
Youtube

You care so much about everything. (I don't care what anyone says- you can't care too much.)

You live based on what people think of you. People opening up to you makes you feel like you matter. You help. You exist.

They gave you a taste because they love this about you. It's a wonderful characteristic. You're perfect when they need an emotional hug.

They hugged you so tightly. They needed it.

They need you to make all the moves. But you can't. You don't want to be annoying. And it's just not fair to you! You deserve to know that you are loved.

You have something between you. Spoken of once or twice.

You hear those songs when they opened up. When they finally opened up and made you feel good. Out of nowhere.

You get hopeful.

Again.

Again.

Again.

And Again.

Maybe this time, they're ready.

They're not.

They're not ready for you.

You are beyond them. They are incapable of appreciating how complex and intelligent you are.

You think of all the times you've been used and hurt before.

All it took to get to this point.

This point of finding a person that makes you happy.

Only to get hurt again. And it hurts so much more this time. The scar deepens.

Your past. It's about you.

Some days are easier than others.

Some nights are harder than others.

Your life had altered. Became. Alters again.

So much pain to get hurt over and over again.

And your heart rips its way through your chest.

But it gets better over time.

You won't think about seeing him every day. You're a good person and able to succeed even if they don't text you every day.

You know that there's a way out. The tunnel doesn't seem as long. You've seen the light before. And it's beautiful.

It's beautiful enough for you. It parallels how absolutely precious you are. It challenges you to meet your intellect. The muses are even more melodious than you can currently play.

It's finally something worthy of you. And you've been waiting for it. It's been waiting for you. To raise you to the next level.

It's patient. Yet beckoning.

This, too, will pass.

And you will come out so much stronger. You're almost there. You can feel it. Progress. Progress that was invisible.

You are doing things to better yourself. She's proud of you. He's proud of you. I'm proud of you. I am proud of myself and all that wonders I have to offer.

You don't have to have all the answers. You won't.

And I love that about you.