What its like getting in a cat fight

What its like getting in a cat fight

Why keeping your cool is tough

4
What its like getting in a cat fight

Cat fight is appropriately termed for women. It is quite possibly the fiercest unstoppable force that any human being could muster. Claws come out and there is loud screeching and hissing. If it gets physical paws typically start flying. What is it about getting into a fight that sets a woman off? You can find video evidence of a woman snapping and trying to hit another woman with her car, damaging her car in the process. Another woman struck her opponent with a shovel. For whatever reason, perhaps possessed by rage, any and all concept of repercussions become lost to a woman enraged. I would know.

After watching repeated vandalism of my truck by neighbors and watching the same neighbors threaten to hurt or kill my family I decided to introduce them to my faithful companion, Louis. My Louisville Slugger has been a loyal guard at my bedside for many years, and there he stays ready to assist me if needed. Now I'm well aware that I would have been arrested if I had actually hit the antagonist with Louis, the cop even reassured me of that during my interview. However, at that point, the point where you break, you no longer care. I told the cop I wasn't so sure thats a bad thing. I would be arrested but I can guarantee, after losing a few teeth, that neighbor would never set foot on my property again. Turns out that I didn't have to make Louis his dentist for him to learn that lesson.

Good job Louis.

Now I'm not saying you should be violent, in fact I urge you to be as calm, kind and patient for as long as you are able. Everyone has different breaking points, some can lose their cool after three days, three months or three years. What's important is to know when you have finally had enough, when being kind and cordial has only given the antagonist the idea that they can get away with doing whatever they want to you. Only when you can not possibly be kind any longer should you put your foot down and roar back.

A lot of people mistake that for weakness. I pity them. Being in control of your emotions enough to keep a level head and not go bezerker on someone who has absolutely no concept of how to be a decent human being is a display of incredible personal strength. With all strengths, eventually you become worn out. When you do, it's incredibly frustrating, your voice shakes with rage, you ball your hands into fists to restrain yourself from clawing out their eyes. You are battling yourself inside not to be violent, thats strength.

Women do this thing where they get an idea in their head and they feed it with whatever they find. If you are looking for something to eat, you eventually find it. If you are looking for something to wear, you eventually find it. If you are looking for something to hate someone for, you eventually find it. The food may not be perfect, the outfit may not look its best and the reasons may not be serious but eventually you convince yourself that you have found all you need to satisfy the search. Women are crazy, we know this. Some of us try to contain ourselves, others just let it fly free.

A woman will also do this thing where after a fight, they become really nice and friendly with her former opponent. I'm not exactly sure why, perhaps its insanity, perhaps its a new found respect for standing up for yourself, perhaps its just a relief for the words finally coming out, either way its WEIRD as hell. Weird. Weird. Weird!

I do not share this trait. I'm not a normal girl I guess. I identify more with men sometimes, and none more so than my beloved Mr. Darcy, "My good opinion, once lost, is lost forever." You could say its holding a grudge, I like to think its never forgetting.

Perhaps the most surprising part of a verbal altercation is that just when you think someone has been as petty and unbelievable as they can get, they somehow still surprise you. Some people, myself included, will give them the benefit of the doubt, but then get shocked to learned they underestimated a persons ability to be an asshole.

You will feel compelled to laugh at this point. I have a few times. When someone was immeasurably rude and selfish I was so shocked I literally started laughing. Fun fact: laughing at someone while they are angry only makes them more angry. I almost enjoy these people, they make me appreciate being a decent person. I might be even more decent of a person after dealing with them.

Thank you for teaching me how NOT to behave towards people.

Theres no getting through life without dealing with people you are not going to like. Face it you are not meant to get along with everyone. How you handle yourself is really all you have control of. Just remember how others treat you is a reflection of them, not you. What others think of you is none of your business, how they treat you is. When you hit that breaking point, hit it. Don't go past the point where you no longer care what happens. Be strong enough to have thick skin but we wise enough to know when enough is enough.