What It Truly Means To Have Loved And Lost

Is It Better To Have Loved And Lost Than Never To Have Loved At All

18

One question that's often asked is: is it better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all? I have asked many people this question and have received a mixture of answers. Some immediately respond with, "There is no point in loving if it's just going to be lost later, what a waste of time." While others respond with quite the opposite and believe that everything you go through in life is for a purpose. A purpose you might not understand, but maybe one that will make sense later on. From my perspective, I have always been a firm believer that it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all, and this is why:

Love is an amazing gift that cannot be bought or forced. There is no other feeling like it. It just happens and when it happens it is such a magical feeling. The downside to love is the pain that can be caused when it is removed from your life. It's so easy to become bitter and resentful at that time. You begin to ask yourself questions like: "why am I not good enough? why did this happen to me? how is it that everyone else is able to stay in love and my love failed?" That amazing feeling that you once felt in the beginning has now faded and all you end up with are the memories of it and the pain. The memories bring pain because you begin to realize that there will be no future ones made. You also begin to fear that you will never find love again, but I can assure you that you will. It may not be the same, but you will love again. Almost like getting angry over something and then you get over being angry. It would be a little crazy to believe that you will never get angry again. The absence of the love is probably the worst, because when you love someone, you believe the love will last forever, and the future that you once knew now makes you feel blind. What you once felt that you knew is know unknown, and that can be a scary feeling. With that being said, just remember. "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God". - Corrie ten Boom. He knows what he is doing.