As Told By A Famous Christian Band: What It Means To Be Priceless

"Chivalry is not dead; Everyone deserves to be loved and loved well."

33

We live in a world obsessed with pop music and love. While this isn't by any means bad, sometimes the songs themselves are not always good. Our culture today has such a distorted view on relationships and how both men and women should be treated that it's really unfortunate what commonly gets radio play. Some of the songs that society deems popular these days can be disappointing and lacking in depth but thankfully it's not all bad and there are definitely artists out there who are making a difference.

One band that is positively influencing the music scene and taking the Christian rock/pop genre by storm is for KING & COUNTRY. This dynamic Australian-American duo is having a huge impact on music today as they tell stories through incredibly-written songs with meaningful messages. For KING & COUNTRY is Nashville-based and composed of brothers Joel and Luke Smallbone.

The band's name alone illustrates what they stand for. On their website they wrote: "For KING & COUNTRY is a reflection of standing and fighting for something greater than yourself." The primary message of the band and their music is all about the meaning of being priceless. They convey this message by speaking to individuals, especially women, about their worth as well as encouraging themselves and other men to step out and proclaim that chivalry is not dead.

Joel wrote on their website: "Part of the DNA of for KING & COUNTRY is this idea of respect and honor in relationships and women being priceless. What we've both found in our beliefs as men is that people are made equal. No one is a commodity and everyone deserves to be loved and loved well." For the band, to be priceless is to know your worth and how much you are loved by God. It's looking in the mirror and seeing a reflection of Christ despite all your flaws. It's respecting oneself and not settling for anything less than God's best.

While their message alone is incredible, in today's world it's so easy to say one thing or produce a certain kind of music and live out something entirely different. Yet, for KING & COUNTRY firmly stands by what they believe both onstage and off. On October 7, I got to see and experience first-hand just how authentic the band truly is.

I went to see for KING & COUNTRY in concert for the third time and just like every other time, they were impressive. From the flashing lights to the awesome stage set-up to the crazy energy they maintained and the talented vocals they performed with, the band was so fun to see and their passion for their music was inspiring to witness. However, it was more than the appearance of the show that made the concert great. It was the meanings behind the songs that were sung and that words that were spoken that were really the most impactful.

During the concert, the band conveyed their vision of what being priceless means to them. They challenged men to respect ladies and women to stand up for their worth. They shared a beautifully song of theirs titled "Priceless" and also shared a movie trailer for a film they produced by the same title. You can see for yourself just how amazing the song and its message is here.

Throughout the night, I realized how much for KING & COUNTRY truly believes in their mantra. Not only do they preach about their priceless message, but they also practice it as well. I was moved by their music and touched by their words. It was the kind of night that left you walking away afterward feeling even more connected to God and the vision he has for his people on earth.

After the show I was really hit with the fact that it's the people of the band who truly make the longest impact While their songs are undeniably powerful and their message is strong, it was ultimately the guys in the band and their interactions with their fans that showed me how much they believe in their message's purpose. I had the wonderful opportunity to meet both Luke and Joel after the concert and through the way they took the time to talk with us, I was in awe of their personalities and genuine interest in who we were as fans and individuals.

While talking to them and through the way they interacted with us—from asking our names, to taking many photos and asking what we thought about the show—

it was so neat to see how they cared about what we had to say and who we were. We met Luke during a meet and greet after the show and Joel outside the venue by the busses. Neither of them had to make an effort to show interest in us or take the time to chat with us, but they did. Through their actions, it was evident they care about people in ways that God has called them to.

These days rarely is a band just as incredible off-stage as they are on stage, but for KING & COUNTRY is authentically and absolutely the real deal. I didn't think a band could make me feel priceless, but after attending that concert and interacting with the band, I definitely felt like it. It was the kind of night that makes you excited about life and interacting with others so they might also see a glimpse into what God has called life and relationships to look like. I firmly stand by their Priceless message and what their music supports.

I am so in awe of for KING & COUNTRY and how they have followed the journey God has called them on. Their band gives the music industry hope. Chivalry is not dead and every individual is important, especially in the eyes of God. For KING & COUNTRY is making a great difference in this world and I'm so excited to continue to watch their Priceless movement grow and see the movie they produced. For more information on their film, click here.

For more information on the band, you can check them out here.