What It Feels Like To Be Home For Break

What It Feels Like To Be Home For Break

Home sweet home ♥

9
What It Feels Like To Be Home For Break
GetCraftedUSA

Nothing like stuffing your car with your clothes and loads of other bags to go home for break. It's a bittersweet feeling. For many people, they get to go home often from college, but for some, they only get to go home once or twice a semester. There is no place like home. Yeah, we get to go back home for some weekends from school but it's nothing like Winter break. Where we actually get to unpack all our clothes and bring a majority of the stuff back from college. It's fun driving home and also watching other cars drive with their car completely filled with clothes, you know that they're also going to their home.

Home. When I was younger, all I wanted to do was leave my house and go out with my friends. Whether it was going to the movie theater down the street or going to the mall for hours without any intentions of actually "shopping" with my friends, I wanted to leave, leave, and leave. But now that I'm a sleep deprived college student, it's actually very nice being home, in my bed where I can sleep without worrying about my alarm going off for 6am workouts or 8am classes. Yeah, I have to set my alarm for 10am to go to work at 11 but at least I'm making money. So I can cross one thing off my description of "sleep deprived broke college student."

Home is where I wake up to my mom's cooking or my dad turning up the TV a little louder than what I can sleep through, but you can't be too mad when your mom is almost done cooking and wants you to eat. Wow, I don't have to actually leave my house to go eat? Thanks, Mom. You forget how good home cooked meals are until you go to college and don't have time to cook or don't want to cook so you eat out. It's also nice coming home after being on your feet working and getting a hug from Mom. Nothing is better than your mom's hugs. It's also nice when Dad asks, "Do you have enough money?" before I go out with my friends. Only if I had that at college then I probably would spend too much money. (Not that I don't already...)

Wow, winter break is such a nice for high school reunions. Hi friends that went to colleges away from me and all my friends that were juniors or sophomores when I was a senior! I missed you all, let's hangout and catch up on life. I can gossip freely without them knowing who I'm talking about. It may get annoying explaining who this person is and where this building is and where I went two weekends ago, but let's talk. I missed you all!

It's nice being home and all but I miss college too. I used to call home, Tulsa,but now my university town, Edmond, is also my home too. As much as I love being with my family, I miss being away from my college family, my friends, teammates, and sisters. I miss the familiar roads that I would drive at 2am. I miss the restaurants that my friends and I shared countless hours of laughter with. I miss staying up and doing homework with my friends and taking naps during the middle of the day because we're so tired. I miss it all.

It's bittersweet being home. I love everything at home but I also miss college. All I can say is that there's only 2 and half more years of this feeling left for me so I'm going to cherish this moment and feeling while it lasts.