The Beginners Guide To The 'Law Of Attraction'

"Like attracts like."

575
Laura Moxley

If you're like me, when I first heard about the "law of attraction" (if you ever have) I immediately thought it was something to do with the government. Turns out it's the complete opposite, and it may be the coolest thing I've ever researched further into.

So the basic gist about the law of attraction is that simply saying and thinking what you wish to be true will cause that thing to happen (thing meaning feelings, or events, or people, etc). It seems like crazy impossible magic right?

Wrong.

The universal principle is "like attracts like," so if you wish something to be true or something to happen, it will happen if you speak positively of it into the universe, and same goes for negative thoughts and negative things spoken into the universe. Basically, what you focus your attention on will increase.

People that actually follow this law ritually and become more aware of how they speak and think, say that it totally works and that positive things and changes will come once you find yourself in tune with the universe.

The law of attraction started as a Buddhist practice with the common idea that "what you have become is what you have thought," but it has also been taught in many other practices as well. For example, the book of Proverbs (specifically 23:7) says, "For as he thinks in his heart, so is he." Over centuries, the practice was spread to Western civilization as a common meditation ritual.

There's a huge mix of people that believe in the practice, and some who are fully against it, but it really just depends on what perspective you're coming from.

Many celebrities, like Oprah and Will Smith, also fully support and believe in the law of attraction,

Obviously, if you speak and think highly of making a million dollars by next week, it won't happen unless you're super driven and have a plan, but with smaller things, I think the law of attraction definitely can work. For example, if you speak positively about having a good upcoming work week, it is likely to happen.

What's also super cool is the "mirror effect" of the law of attraction. This means when the individuals you surround yourself with start to notice your positivity radiating, it tends to draw them in to act the same way.

I'm definitely a beginner when it comes to knowledge of this ideology, but being in tune with the universe and attracting positivity is definitely something I'm super interested in applying to my life.