I Asked What Love Is

I Asked 16 People What Love Is

Alexa, play "I Want to Know What Love Is" by Foreigner.

472
I Asked 16 People What Love Is
Gabriella Barcinas

We've all felt it. That fuzzy feeling in your stomach that is telling you that you are in love.

Is that feeling the same for everyone though?

We've all heard of the 5 love languages and other things that say that people express and feel love in different ways.

This made me wonder just what love is for everyone. Is it the same for us all or does it means something different to us based off of our age, experiences, and personalities?

To find out I asked 16 people to see what they think love is.

Anonymous, 23 

I think people are so skeptical of love. It's just when you have intense feelings for someone. When you're in love, you are infatuated with them and you know they feel the same way. I fall in love like once a month... Call me crazy, whatever, but I would rather love a thousand times than be afraid to admit my feelings to myself.

Jess, 21 

When you would do anything for that person. No matter the circumstances. They make you feel invincible and never leaving you doubting yourself and you give them just as much support.

Anonymous, 19

You'd do anything for that person. You want to spend all your time with them. You never get sick of them. I know I'm in it because I can't imagine life with anyone else. I know it's love because I can feel it without a doubt.

Anonymous, 46

Love is someone who understands your needs and goals in life. Who loves you for all that you are (whether it's good or a bad quality). Someone trustworthy, someone that has similar hobbies that you do and is willing to do the hobbies that they may not be interested in. Love is doing things for that loved one that you know is going to make him happy. Love is raising children together with the same values you have learned in life. You know you are in love when you miss that person when they aren't around. Your heart skips a beat when that person calls or shows up at the front door unexpectedly. True love is loving one unconditionally 💗.

Joseph, 19 

Love is when you feel a connection like no other. It is A feeling of happiness all the time. Like you are high off of it. No matter what/who it is. They make you feel happy and wanted and "loved". You know you are in it when you feel happy all the time with this person.

Anonymous, 81 

There are different types of love. There is family love. Love between friends. Love between couples. There are lots of different types of love. It can mean taking care of people and putting their needs before yours, like how I take care of my husband now that he is sick. I will feed him before feeding myself because he has done so much for me and my family.Love is take patience ands strength.

Ashley, 21 

I know I'm in love when the other person is all I can think about. I go out of my way to do whatever I can to make them happy, even if it's something small like surprising them with their favorite coffee.

Christian, 19 

When you think about the person and relate things you see in your day to memories or thoughts of them.

Keshon, 19 

Love is patient, kind, and limitless. Love is caring for someone so much that you would do whatever it takes to make them happy. To know your in love is to always be in constant thought about them and to want to spend every second you have with then.

Paige, 26

My definition of love is caring about the happiness & well-being of a person who you also enjoy spending time with, and wanting them to be able to achieve the best version of themself. I think you know you are in love when you feel like someone is so important to you that you couldn't imagine your life without them in it and you care for their happiness and well-being.

Anonymous, 21

It's a choice to wake up every day and put someone else first. It's being selfless with your time and your affection.

Ariana, 20 

When a person genuinely cares about you, even when they are mad at you.

Zeinu, 20

Love is when u can wake up in the morning and not give a f**k about a problem in the world because your with ur girl or man, love is literally putting ur time and effort simultaneously without even realizing it because you are so caught up in loving her. You know ur in love when u can take a step back and be grateful for any little thing cuz u know u have a ride or die best friend that u date.

Anonymous, 19

Complete care and support for one another. Worry comes into play, even though sometimes it can be overbearing. When you're in love, you're happy with the person you're with even through the ups and downs. There's constant support and of course lots of fun shared activities.

Jennifer, 19 

Love is vulnerability. Love is trust. Love is a fresh lava cake oozing with chocolate (that may burn your tongue now and then). Love is chosen reliance, however not needed dependence. Love is give or take–sacrifices. Love is happiness, joy, and gooey romance. Love is smiles, giggles, and a consistent warm heart. You know you're in love when you look at a person with pride and can't help but smile. When your heart aches at the thought of them. When you your body aches for them (both physically and mentally).

Anonymous, 48 

The definition of love in my opinion is when you have a special feeling towards someone who makes you excited when you are with them. Also, two people who dedicate their time, energy, and thought process to another even though they are in a disagreement or when things are tough. In summary, love in my view has to have physical attraction as well as mental attraction (same likes or even opposites attract complimenting each other) and emotional maturity and intelligence on the same level. Very hard to be with someone who is immature and one person is doing everything for them.