What Is Fear? Are You Afraid?

What Is Fear? Are You Afraid?

7
What Is Fear? Are You Afraid?

"Everything you want, it is on the other side
of fear,"

Monsters.
People.
Villians.
Spiders.
The Dark.

Throughout the course of one's life, fear as been experienced at least once.

Tears.
Sweaty Palms.
Shaking.
Accelerated Breathing.
Fight... Or Flight

For some it was what lurked in the dark, and for others it was the monsters that hid in our closets. Fears that we now look back upon, and possibly think, how silly. Or, if validated, maybe we have overcome those fears. What if these fears meant something realistic as we transition from childhood to adulthood?

What if the thing that went bump in the night was actually our subconscious warning us of an unknown approaching force?

Could those things that scared us be an open widow into the person's soul and those experiences that may go without discussion?

For those that feared the dark, it could mean a broken connection with our inner being that affects our relationships: whether personal, psychological, or personal. Like a broken electrical wire in our brain, you can sense the power as it surges through millions of firing neurons, but somewhere the connection stops and is unable to proceed. Is it the fear stopping us from confronting the monster in the dark, or is it an inner strength that has yet to break free? Like the flowers that lay dormant in the winter will we find the strength to break through in the spring?

What if the sun never rises though? Will inner strength continue to lay dormant or will it find the energy elsewhere to rise through?

Can we truly only fear the concept of fear itself, or is it the imagery contained within fear that taints the inner soul not allowing strength to break free?